1979 CAPE DORY 27/SL

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Dan McNece

1979 CAPE DORY 27/SL

Post by Dan McNece »

I didn't see anything in the rules against posting this because this is NOT my boat.

I've seen it on Craigslist Annapolis for the past couple weeks or so and thought it should be posted here. I didn't see it already posted here either.

It's a fixer upper. The person who posted now has it listed at $3000. It's in sad shape but maybe something that could still be saved with the right person.

Again, NOT my boat, but please contact the owner directly.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/5403911799.html

From the Craigslist ad:
-------------------------------------
WAS BOUGHT TO BE RESTORED AS A LIVE ABOARD BUT LIFE THREW ME A CURVE BALL. I DO HAVE ALL THE SAILS FOR THE BOAT AND HAS A FURLING JIB I BELIEVE. DOES NEED AN ENGINE, NO INTERIOR( needs cushions), THIS BOAT DOES HAVE A HELM(needs rebuild). THERE IS NO TRAILER INCLUDED IN THIS SALE, BUT CAN ARRANGE TO BE TRANSPORTED. THIS IS BASICALLY A HULL WITH SAILS,MAST AND FURL. would make a good first time boat, Wednseday Night Racer or project liveabroad

$3000 or come out and take a look and make me a Cash Offer! take her home alittle tlc and you will have a great sail boat!
410-212-8190.
Daniel - Rhapsody Blog
“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” — Lao Tzu
Jim Walsh

Re: 1979 CAPE DORY 27/SL

Post by Jim Walsh »

Looks like a good project boat if you possess the time and skills to pull it off. I had to resist the urge to merely post "looks like that'll buff right out" :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Keith

Post by Keith »

buff right out indeed! Did you see the crunched bow pulpit? But $3K and a whole lot of time who know's?

Keith
Dan McNece

Post by Dan McNece »

I'd consider a project boat but I have enough of a project with the boat I already have.
Daniel - Rhapsody Blog
Bibster

Post by Bibster »

I live about a mile from where this boat is kept. It is stored in a lot behind a gas station and has been there for at least seven years. I have inquired about it on a few occasions, but the owner never responded. I have never been able to check out the interior, so I have no clue as to what lurks beneath the surface, but the hull and spars appear to be quite sound. It is probably a bargain at $3K, but to that one must add the cost of transporting the boat from behind the gas station, which, depending on final destination, could cost more than the boat.
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Well, it does say "make me a cash offer". It looks like he might be loosing his storage space. I wouldn't doubt that it could be had for half of his asking price. We live too far away to make this venture work for us, but we own a wonderful CD27 and know what a nice boat they can be. Some ambitious youngster could be in for a real opportunity.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
Dan McNece

Post by Dan McNece »

FYI,

Looks like the owner listed it again for $2500 this time.
http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/5695772913.html
At this price, it's tempting but I got too many projects on my current boat, that I don't need another project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are looking for Cape Dory parts for your boat let me know,

WAS BOUGHT TO BE RESTORED AS A LIVE ABOARD BUT LIFE THREW ME A CURVE BALL. I DO HAVE ALL THE SAILS FOR THE BOAT AND HAS A FURLING JIB I BELIEVE. DOES NEED AN ENGINE, NO INTERIOR( needs cushions) but stove and other things still on boat, THIS BOAT DOES HAVE A HELM(needs rebuild). THERE IS NO TRAILER INCLUDED IN THIS SALE, BUT CAN ARRANGE TO BE TRANSPORTED. THIS IS BASICALLY A HULL WITH SAILS,MAST AND FURL.
would make a good first time boat, Wednseday Night Racer or project live abroad

$2500 or come out and take a look and make me a Cash Offer! take her home alittle tlc and you will have a great sail boat! text only will send pictures upon request
Daniel - Rhapsody Blog