Typhoon Trailer available but with no papers -LAST CALL

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
N Moore

Typhoon Trailer available but with no papers -LAST CALL

Post by N Moore »

Is anyone interested in a very sound, perfectly maintained trailer that is caught in limbo due to bureaucratic nonsense? I bought this trailer a few weeks ago in good faith that I could import it to Canada. I can not because the title says homemade. I can't get new registration in NY because I am not a resident and can't get registration in Canada unless I can get it across the border. So my $1,000 used trailer is a wash. I am open to offers. Trailer is presently hanging out in Western New York.

June 9th - I have hired a person to cut up this wonderful trailer to make a storage cradle out of it in order to get it across the border and into Canada. This is going to happen in the next 2 weeks. Since my initial intention was to use the trailer to bring my boat home from Rhode Island and then use it as a yard trailer, this plan doesn't break my heart too much. But I would prefer to sell it if at all possible. ANY offer will be considered so if you have any interest please let me know asap. Seems a shame to destroy a very good Typhoon trailer unnecessarily.
Dick Villamil

Re: Typhoon Trailer available but with no papers -LAST CALL

Post by Dick Villamil »

You should register the trailer in Vermont - no need to be a resident and they have no problem with Homemade - just needs a new VIN number or they will assign one via a sticker. Then you could borrow or rent a trailer for the delivery trip and use your trailer legally in the states. Once registered in VT you could change the registration wherever you want to. Since it would be a yard trailer you probably will not need to register it again - but worth keeping the registration up to date (only needs inspection to go on the road). Would be worth the few $ for future change in plans or resale.
David van den Burgh

Post by David van den Burgh »

N Moore wrote:Is anyone interested in a very sound, perfectly maintained trailer that is caught in limbo due to bureaucratic nonsense? I bought this trailer a few weeks ago in good faith that I could import it to Canada. I can not because the title says homemade. I can't get new registration in NY because I am not a resident and can't get registration in Canada unless I can get it across the border. So my $1,000 used trailer is a wash. I am open to offers. Trailer is presently hanging out in Western New York.

June 9th - I have hired a person to cut up this wonderful trailer to make a storage cradle out of it in order to get it across the border and into Canada. This is going to happen in the next 2 weeks. Since my initial intention was to use the trailer to bring my boat home from Rhode Island and then use it as a yard trailer, this plan doesn't break my heart too much. But I would prefer to sell it if at all possible. ANY offer will be considered so if you have any interest please let me know asap. Seems a shame to destroy a very good Typhoon trailer unnecessarily.

Check your PM.
mainesail

Post by mainesail »

I am looking for a trailer for my Typhoon Weekender.
If it is still available, please let me know.
Tom Hall, South Harpswell, Maine
410-693-4956 cell
N Moore

Re: Typhoon Trailer available but with no papers -SOLD

Post by N Moore »

My trailer sold yesterday. Thanks to those who replied.