CDSOA has Merged!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

godspeed

Re: CDSOA has Merged!

Post by godspeed »

no need to modify anything on Godspeed. she is still equipped with the original YSB8 - sound like the African Queen and strikes fear in the hearts of the unwary and the misinformed! (but starts every time i ask her and runs til i shut her down.) take that PWCs!
Steve Tompkins
CD 27 #71 Godspeed
Cape May
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Warren Kaplan wrote:Phew! For a minute I thought we might merge with the America's Cup organization ...
Sad, for sure, that we have more in common with the jet ski crowd.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

Post by drysuit2 »

Neil Gordon wrote:I'm pleased to announce that our beloved Cape Dory Sailboat Association has gotten larger, stronger, and now has an even louder voice, with the merger of CDSOA with the North American Association of Jet Ski Enthusiasts.

For years I've watched them circle LIQUIDITY, in an obvious show of admiration. Quite often, they'd offer to share their libations, hoisting their brew high in the air, an obvious invitation to explore the synergies of our respective organizations. Well, this Commodore has taken the bait!

There will be a few changes, of course, only fair since there are ten times as many of them as there are of us.

Stay tuned for more details.
Sir,

I know I am several days late and millions of dollars short...

BUT THAT WAS THI FUNNIEST AFD POST I HAVE EVER READ. If there was a contest; you won by a mile. IN both uncorrected, as well as PRHF, IOR, and any other corrected measures. I laughed so hard I woke up my wife...a LOL-WUW, if you will.

Thanks
Last edited by drysuit2 on Apr 4th, '15, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

Post by drysuit2 »

Joe Myerson wrote:We are also extending membership privileges to all Sea Ray owners!
Joe,
I don't know if you have seen this.
But I spend a lot of time at this beach [Sore Thumb @ Fire Island Inlet]. This inlet goes from slack tide, to a 9+ knot current. Every time the Sea Rays raft up there, or anyone for that matter we are treated to this show. I think Sea Ray owners would make an excellent addition to the seamanship committee.

https://youtu.be/oIidW_8O_cs
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Frank,
Thank you for sharing that video link. It illustrates perfectly why I suggwsted that Sea Ray owners should be welcomed into the CDSOA with open arms. Not only are these craft nautical and seaworthy in design and manufacture, but their owners are also known for displaying good sense and superb seamanship, as your link so aptly demonstrated.
--joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Dick Villamil

Post by Dick Villamil »

I am already ahead of the game - I just put a mast on my new jet ski! Does anyone know how to rig a spinnaker? :D
Keith

Post by Keith »

I sincerely hope that this merger with the North American Association of Jet Ski Enthusiasts is a April fools joke.
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

The Sea Ray, cluster bomb, video reminded me of lemmings in reverse.

I never liked the idea of rafting to even one other boat under any conditions, Steve.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Joe Myerson wrote:Frank,
Thank you for sharing that video link. It illustrates perfectly why I suggwsted that Sea Ray owners should be welcomed into the CDSOA with open arms. Not only are these craft nautical and seaworthy in design and manufacture, but their owners are also known for displaying good sense and superb seamanship, as your link so aptly demonstrated.
--joe
And as their boats are headed for certain disaster against the rocks, not a life jacket in sight.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698