The Best Wax EVER

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

swpatooty2

Re: The Best Wax EVER

Post by swpatooty2 »

I ran a small boatyard in Fort Lauderdale about 30 years ago, and Collinite wax beat anything else we tried, even the famous old Simonize (yellow can) paste wax that was much harder to apply properly. Much of our business at that time was bottom jobs and cosmetics, and Collinite was the very best, and apparently still is.

swpatooty2
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Awlgrip does require specific care. They recommend washing with Awl-wash 75334 and then applying Awlcare 73240 which is a "wax like" polymer. Awlgrip is tough but you do have to take care of it if you want it to last as long as possible.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Just a reminder to all that read this post previously and great information for those who haven't. Wax dose not make your boat or car shine!!!! The finish is what shines. The wax only protects the finish.

I followed the instruction to a word on the attached article and the results were absolutely amazing. Yes after 40-50 hours by myself (30C) my arms were about to fall off but worth every painful minute. That was three yrs ago and it still looks great. Now each year I only do the final compounding step with the light compound and add two coats of Collinite. If you are skeptical like I was then just try it on a small section in the cockpit footwell or where every you want. You will be amazed!!!!

http://forums.sbo.sailboatowners.com/sh ... post706131