Another typhoon trailer question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

mkolb

Another typhoon trailer question

Post by mkolb »

Hi Everyone,

Is there an option for a Typhoon trailer that does not involve $4000 for a Triad Trailer? While I understand they are probably worth the money, I'm not sure I need that much trailer. I am having a daysailer (model G, open cockpit) brought back to life by the guys in Ithaca. Other than getting it to Vermont next spring, I am going to launch it and retrieve it once a year and store it on the trailer near the launch. I may even be able to talk the local power boat marina into getting it in and out for me, meaning I don't need the extension to launch in shallow water. This is going to be a great boat but the cost is not cheap. I'm not looking forward to another 4 grand.

Thanks,

Matt
pjust

Re: Another typhoon trailer question

Post by pjust »

Northlander Trailers, Machiasport, ME, built me a trailer for my Typhoon for $1750. I wouldn't haul my boat to Florida with it, and I'd make some modifications in the way they built it, but it's served me reasonably well so far. 207-255-3377. Speak to Richard or Merci.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmw4p131cv9h7 ... 4.JPG?dl=0
Peter Just
Typhoon Weekender #602, Dolcetto, Spruce Head, ME
"It is not with impunity that we go out on the water, but with sufferance." - Roger C. Taylor
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

Buy a flatbed trailer and have poppets welded on.

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
Ernie Pollard

Post by Ernie Pollard »

I got my trailer for the Typhoon from Sail-Trailers.com It was $1600 for a storage trailer

Ernie
mkolb

Post by mkolb »

Whats the towing weight of a Typhoon. I have a 2700lb capacity on my Subaru Outback. Can I do it?
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

I pulled mine back from center all Illinois with a Subaru.
Sincerely,

Chris B.
http://bristol-blue.blogspot.com/

"It is the Average Sailor, the one who will never set any records or win any major trophies, who really populates the sailing world." Ray Whitaker

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have waited for centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."- John Andrew Holmes