CD31 Engine Panel

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

distand

CD31 Engine Panel

Post by distand »

Does anyone know where I can get a new blank for my CD31 Universal 25 engine? It has a large hole for rpm, two smaller ones for voltage and amps and then it has smaller holes for the glow plug, starter, key and kill lever/switch. I don't need any of the instruments - just a new panel as mine is a bit beat up.

Thanks
Don
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Re: CD31 Engine Panel

Post by moctrams »

Buy and cut a sheet of white Lexan and use a hole the same size as the instruments and "plug them in". I've done several on old boats. I'll bet the marina has some scrap pieces lying around. I've seen some 4 X 4 sheets at our local hardware store.
JWSutcliffe

Post by JWSutcliffe »

If your M25 still has the original wiring harness, do yourself a favor and at the same time spend the hour or two to replace it (see Maine Sail's piece on the pitfalls of the original Universal harness/trailer connectors.) After several heart rending episodes of failure to have any response to pushing the starter switch (solo and in the dark - not a good feeling) I broke down and followed his suggestion, and it's made this season such a pleasure.
Skip Sutcliffe
CD31 Oryx
distand

Post by distand »

Thanks for your replies. Fixing the wiring is on my list. I have the Maine sail article. Will also think about using the lexan.
Don