1977 CD27 (Melbourne, FL)

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Shinok

1977 CD27 (Melbourne, FL)

Post by Shinok »

Shelly and I have decided that we must sell our beloved CD27, Mariah.

Most of our work on her has been documented in our blog, linked in my sig. We weren't planning on selling her, but our plans have changed. The blog is a very candid and unedited view of our progress, so you can see where she is coming from and what she is now.

Of interest to buyers, I have full maintenance logs available from the day we bought her, indicating who did what work. I also have a survey from August 2012 that reveals clean hull, dry decks, and the largely functional and cosmetic concerns that we have addressed. There are no structural issues that we are aware of.

Mariah has:

- New rigging (2014), stalocks
- New electrical system with a build in charger, solar charge controller, 20w solar panel, single battery (but set up for 2). All tinned wire and Blue Seas components.
- New mast lighting, wiring, and VHF antenna with RG-8X cable
- Running rigging in 2012 (still in great shape)
- New interior cushions and cockpit cushions
- Decks and interior painted in 2013
- New seacocks and thru hulls (all from Spartan)
- Origo alcohol stove (not yet mounted)
- LED interior lighting
- 25lb CQR with 200ft of line and 20ft of chain. There is also a small lunch hook.
- 6 HP Tohatsu SailPro (25in shaft) on a Garhauer OB-125 spring assisted mount
- Garhauer clutches & deck organizers, reefing lines and halyards run aft.
- Bottom done in March 2013
- Sails: 120% genoa, 150% drifter, asymmetrical spinnaker, symmetrical spinnaker, ~98% jib with reef points
- backstay "thing" replaced with 3/8in thick bronze external chainplate, the rest of the chainplates are fine, bolts replaced in 2014

Plenty of pictures on our blog below, I'll be posting more updated photographs in the next day or two. There aren't many changes, except for the organization of a few small areas inside.

The most common question is "What about the inboard?". The PO removed it and all components before we bought the boat, I still have the fuel tank and a Spartan seacock that will work for the inlet, the rest will need to be replaced if an inboard is to be used. We found the outboard to work really well, it pushes her at hull speed easily.

Please send me a PM if you are interested and I'll give you my phone number. Listed for $9k, located in Melbourne, FL.
Shinok

Re: 1977 CD27 (Melbourne, FL)

Post by Shinok »

Mariah sold today and we passed along the reigns to her new owner.

Our (potentially) new boat isn't a Cape Dory :( What's worse, there isn't an owner's association for our boat (and most of them are on the West coast)! I'll be so lonely.