Two Kids and A Yorkie: A sailing adventure to Block Island

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Adamhagan

Two Kids and A Yorkie: A sailing adventure to Block Island

Post by Adamhagan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrJPBrM7PA

I am still working on the editing but there is never enough time. Here is part one of hauling the kids to block island this summer. The second half will show Mystic CT which was the highlight of the trip.

I wish everyone a good winter and if you get bored here is another video.

Cheers,

Adam
Kind Regards,

Adam
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Two Kids and A Yorkie: A sailing adventure to Block Isla

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Adam:

Great video :!: I mean great, great video :!: Adorable kids :!:

You are a lucky man. And to have crew willing to push your bicycle and cart up the steep hill. Wow :!: And do so without complaining, unless that was edited out. :wink: Awesome video :!:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

Very nice. "We like Block Island we're having lots of fun." You will have fond memories of this for the rest of your life, Steve.
Jim Davis
Edgewater, MD

Post by Jim Davis »

Well done, again. Good video and looks like a good trip.
Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

Super looks like lots of fun.
Sincerely,

Chris B.
http://bristol-blue.blogspot.com/

"It is the Average Sailor, the one who will never set any records or win any major trophies, who really populates the sailing world." Ray Whitaker

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have waited for centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."- John Andrew Holmes
John Ring

Post by John Ring »

Thanks again Adam! Very nicely done!

John
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Andy Denmark

Post by Andy Denmark »

Adam and "the girls,"

Glad to see you guys are having good adventures with your boat. Lots of places to sail up there but nothing matches the peace, "undercrowding," and serenity of the NC destinations like Ocracoke, Cape Lookout, and even South River and Broad Creek. I see all those boats in the BI anchorage and shudder --- but that's just me.

I love your videos and never did talk with you about the equipment you use. I'd like to pick your brain so I can chronicle some of my upcoming adventures in the PNW. Daughter is insisting that I upgrade so maybe we can communicate via email to get your capability. I'm gone in a couple of weeks.

Fair sailing, my friends,

Andy
s/v Rhiannon

"In order to be old and wise, one first must have been young and stupid ...
Adamhagan

Post by Adamhagan »

Hi Andy,

I miss Oriental and your place on Broad Creek tremendously. The weather was perfect and the community was just the right size.

I use imovie for most applications which comes standard on the mac. Shoot me an email or phone anytime. By my count I owe you endless hours of instruction for all the sailing/boat knowledge I stole from you!

We recently hosted a German couple at our mooring in City Island ( i met through Drake) and after their visit, Kristi has committed to taking a year or two off for cruising. We plan for 5 years when the girls will be a little older for the sabbatical.

Best,

Adam
Kind Regards,

Adam
darmoose
Mystic Rose

Post by darmoose »

Adamhagan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrJPBrM7PA

I am still working on the editing but there is never enough time. Here is part one of hauling the kids to block island this summer. The second half will show Mystic CT which was the highlight of the trip.

I wish everyone a good winter and if you get bored here is another video.

Cheers,

Adam
Adam,

Every time I come to this site (a rare occasion more and more), and I see that you have posted one of your great videos of your family adventuring and enjoying Eleventh Hour (previously Mystic Rose), I get a warm and gratified feeling for what good hands she is now in.

Continued good luck with her, I hope she always takes care of you and your family as you have obviously taken care of her.

Darrell
chase

Post by chase »

Adam, disregard PM, you are who I thought you were :D

Sorry we did not get a chance to meet while you were on Broad Creek! I can relate to wishing time would stand still. Your daughters are precious, and I have such great memories of trips with my children when they were little. The trips are even more fun now, when they can make time in their busy teenage/college schedules, but sure is great to see a young family out sailing and making memories.

Andy Denmark certainly gets some credit for that, like you mentioned. He has made sailing dreams come true for many people, especially me, and is an incredibly helpful friend to other sailors that have passed through over the years.

Thanks for sharing the video, and happy holidays to you and the cheerful little ladies!

Chase
Cheoah - Pacific Seacraft 34
formerly, Anne Freeman CD30 #169
Lower Broad Creek, NC