1984 Cape Dory 25D

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

1984 Cape Dory 25D

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

By happenstance I was looking at sailboats for sale and came across this ad:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984/Ca ... ted-States

The photos show her to be very nice with several obvious upgrades (ST winches, cabin cushions, etc.). However, the price tag is the most interesting part of the ad.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Bibster

You can follow the work done on Lyrik by

Post by Bibster »

going to the "Cape Dory Projects" page and reading the posts titled "Cape Dory 25D refit." I would say that given the amount and the quality of work put into her, she is probably worth the asking price. But, I think the buyer would have to be a real Cape Dory aficionado (or somebody who is truly knowledgeable enough to know what they are getting) to pay that amount -- too many other CD 25Ds on the market that are in good, "sail away" condition for a lot less.
barfwinkle

Re: 1984 Cape Dory 25D

Post by barfwinkle »

I saw her up close and personal (well kinda personal, I didn't ask for a viewing appointment) in the fall. Stunning little 25D!

Fair Winds

Bill Member #250.
pete faga

Post by pete faga »

No pulpits or lifelines on that gem like the Hinckley day sailor.
Shinok

Post by Shinok »

What is up with the rigging? Notice the lack of turnbuckles, what are in their place?

It's a pretty boat, that's for sure, probably as close as you can get to a factory new Cape Dory these days. There is no way I'd pay $80k for one, though.
sustutt

Post by sustutt »

I talked to the broker in Texas and he told me the lifeline rigging was not put back on but was available.
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

I just realized she is #147. Rhapsody is #148. Lyric was right in front of me..

Fair Winds
Bill Member #250.
wizard

Post by wizard »

The rigging is called Dux, it is a synthetic rigging that is very low stretch, very strong, and reduces the weight, expecially aloft. They use eyes to lace through sort of like the old sailing ships did to tension the rig.