active - again - looking for a trailer

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

warrenescape
Hull #260

active - again - looking for a trailer

Post by warrenescape »

Hello all - I have been off the message board for a while (years) -- but starting up again. Just finishing up with a Beta 20 repower - excited about seeing the better performance and added a variable 4 blade prop too - really anxious to see it this Friday from Hirschfield yachts in Salsulito CA.

But just like prayer - I usually come here when I have an "ask". I was wondering if anyone has had experience with trailering a 28 ft. CD? We will be retiring to Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas (Lake Mead) in the next couple of years and would like to move the boat if not too difficult to trailer between locations (infrequent).

Also - if anyone knows someone who might be interested in the old Volvo (running) let me know - the folks at Hirschfield Yacht's (Beta Marine) are keeping it at their location and took a video of it running before they pulled it.

If anyone would like to know more about the repower from an experience & cost ($) - let me know.

Thanks - Warren
fenixrises

Re: active - again - looking for a trailer

Post by fenixrises »

Hi Warren,

I built a trailer for my 28, FeNIX. Do not know if you could do the same.
The boat trailered easily but could have sat a bit farther forward on the trailer for long distances.
I set it aft to facilitate rudder removal.

Go here to see what I did.

http://www.sbastro.com/FeNIX/Projects/trailer.htm

Take care,
Fred
You should always have an odd number of holes in your boat!
warrenescape
Hull #260

Re: active - again - looking for a trailer

Post by warrenescape »

Thanks Fred - that is very helpful and cool that you could build that - Best - Warren