For sale 1983 CD33

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Al Levesque

For sale 1983 CD33

Post by Al Levesque »

We have decided to sell our 1983 CD33, Athena. She is lightly equipped but has been the "boat" we wanted, never wanted a yacht. The mainsail was new in 2012 and the Yanmar 3YM30 was installed in 2006. The only electronics is a radar. The working jib is in good condition as are the storm jib and storm trysail. The genoa doesn't look good but is working fine. It has been changed over from hank-on to roller-furl and back to hank-on. All sails are hank-on. We don't have a broker and don't quite know how to set the price, but I am guessing about $40K with emphasis on consideration of offers. The boat is now in winter storage in Danvers Massachusetts. It has been covered and the batteries are in storage but we can arrange viewing in spite of that or we can arrange for viewing as soon as spring arrives.
Vincent

Re: For sale 1983 CD33

Post by Vincent »

My name is Vince FitzGerald. I live in Baltimore and have sailed and raced sailboats all my life. I have been looking for a boat class and have settled on the Cape Dory. It will be months before I am ready to buy, I must sell a house and my wife and I are separating. I don't expect you to wait for me, but keep me in mind if the process is slow for you. I would be very interested in seeing some semblance of a listing of your boat and as many pictures of the boat as you can send, both interior and exterior. I plan to live on the boat, teach my kids to sail, and while I know it is not the ideal boat for the Chesapeake, I plan to do ocean cruising, probably shorthanded. I have looked at other classes. And I have looked at the CD30. I think the CD36 is too large to single hand. The 33 is ideal for me with 3 kids. I was able to get on a CD33 this weekend and absolutely loved the boat. My dad had a Rhodes designed Bounty ll, a larger boat at 40 ft, but similar type. We raced and cruised that boat for 25 years, so I am familiar with the heavier full keel type boat. You can reach me here, I am Vincent on this site. BTW, love the name.