Emergency Tiller Bracket

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jbenagh
Salem, MA

Emergency Tiller Bracket

Post by jbenagh »

I got tired of the rusty emergency tiller at the bottom of the locker. I made some brackets to hold it to the starboard engine compartment cover from scrap 1/2 in marine ply. They are mortised and epoxied into the panel. If it works out, I will repaint the tiller after next season.

Keith

Re: Emergency Tiller Bracket

Post by Keith »

Great idea, I've been wondering what I was going to do with my Em tiller also. Thanks for the inspiration! Keith
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

I tried to come up with all sorts of ideas for the E tiller. Cutting off the handle and turning a wooden one was the key for me. I don't think I had enough space to mount it like you did with hoses, batteries, wires and junk all competing for locker space.

I bumped up what I did because I had a hard enough time submitting it the first time.

Your set up looks even more accessible than what I did but I hope none of us ever has to use the thing, Steve.
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

I hope none of us ever has to use the thing
You and me both! I figured the bracket in an accessible place was black box points that might reduce that possibility.

Thanks for the reminder of your tiller extension.

Jeff