New Owner of Ariadne II

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

clenfestey

New Owner of Ariadne II

Post by clenfestey »

I am the new owner of a 1976 CD 25 #414; Ariadne II. I am beginning the process of major cleaning. This is my first Cape Dory. I purchased as a project for the winter, but I really like the lines of this boat! I might just have to hang on to this one for a while.
Jdpmus

Re: New Owner of Ariadne II

Post by Jdpmus »

Welcome to the board. I took the plunge a couple of years ago with a 74 vintage CD 25.

For great (and humbling) restoration ideas, take a look at Stan Friehofer's pictures and posts in the project and pictures section of this forum.

Good luck!
matane

Post by matane »

Welcome! I'm new here too. I also just closed on a deal for a CD22. I have to go pick it up though. I'm having it surveyed, and having a trailer built so I can bring it from Galveston back to Miami.
I looked at a lot of the 25s on the web. The CDs are fine looking. Congrads!

Daniel
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

To you and the other new owners...

Don't forget to join CDSOA and a local fleet! Your dues support both this message board and local Fleet events.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Simonr

Post by Simonr »

Congratulatons on the new boat!! I to am a new owner of a Cape Dory Typhoon. I havnt sailed her yet as I live in Indiana and no sailing here right now. I have found this board very helpful and friendly. I have joined the assn and encourage you to do the same. The guy I bought my boat from gave me a bunch of the back issues of Masthead the club magazine. Its a fine publication and worth the price of admission. Good luck!!
CD Typhoon Tiger Lily
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

You made a fine choice. Welcome!

Jeff
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love your new Cape Dory.
Just post your questions on this board, and you'll get lots of expert advice.
BTW, where are you and Ariadne II going to be sailing?

Best for the holidays, and fair winds for 2013--oh, I'll also urge you to join the CDSOA.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
clenfestey

Post by clenfestey »

I sail on Lake Hartwell in Anderson, SC as a member of the Western Carolina Sailing Club. The boat has been on Lake Hartwell for quite a few years now. George and Wendy Musson were previous owners. They were members of CDSOA. George passed in 2004 as I understand. Wendy just donated the boat to a local charity, and I purchased it from them.