2012 Boston Harbor Islands Regatta?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Stan W.

2012 Boston Harbor Islands Regatta?

Post by Stan W. »

Haven't heard any chatter about this year's BHIR. Is anyone going to enter? I'm considering it, but I probably won't decide until a few days prior to the race when I can get a sense whether conditions will permit me to sail up to Boston the day before.

http://islandalliance.org/pdf/2012_BHIA ... Poster.pdf
jepomer

Re: 2012 Boston Harbor Islands Regatta?

Post by jepomer »

Registration opened just recently (Tuesday). I got to be the first one to sign up although we will be sailing our Capri 22. The Cape Dory 25 is still waiting for me to complete the renovations. Having one boat that is all ready for the water limits the time available for the other boat that needs "just a few more things" before launching.
John
CD25 #622
CPDE0622M78E

"You are not going to find the ideal boat. You are not even going to have it if you design it from scratch."
~ Carl Lane
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

I'll be away that weekend but as support for the Boston Harbor Alliance I'll probably register anyway. That might also insure three Cape Dory 28s which would qualify us to race as a class.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
John Ring

Post by John Ring »

Sadly, I no longer qualify for the CD28 class. :(

John
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

John Ring>????

I can't make it this year -- too many other commitments.

It's looking like a sad year for CD participation; I'm sorry to contribute to the decline.

Jeff
nessie

Post by nessie »

Hi,
I'm still on the fence. If the weather isn't awefully foul, I might be convinced to try it.
CD30 in Salem, MA.
Ted