Welcome to the new board!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Spell check

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

The spellchecker used by the old board required adding what is called a "mod" to the board's software. It's one of the many "mods" that we will not be making to the new board if we can help it. We need to be able to keep the software up-to-date. We especially need to be able to apply security updates, and that's something that was impossible to do with the old board. We're not making that mistake again.

-Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Spell check

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:The spellchecker used by the old board required adding what is called a "mod" to the board's software. It's one of the many "mods" that we will not be making to the new board if we can help it. We need to be able to keep the software up-to-date. We especially need to be able to apply security updates, and that's something that was impossible to do with the old board. We're not making that mistake again.

-Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Vesy wel. I well di teh bestt I cam witouht et. :D
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Re: Welcome to the new board!

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I remember when we switched over from one form to another many years ago. It took a little getting used to but it worked out fine in short order. I suspect the same thing will occur here.

Nice work by our sailin' "geeks" here!! :D
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Scott Launey
Naugus Fiberglass Mfg. Located: San Diego

Post by Scott Launey »

When my post "Odd Weather II" came over from the old to the new format only one of five pictures was displayed; the other four just had an img address. Why is that? They all appeared on the old format.

Scott
Scott Launey
San Diego, CA
1966 Typhoon Weekender
"Angelina"
Naugus Mfg. #36
bobdugan

Post by bobdugan »

Scott Launey wrote:When my post "Odd Weather II" came over from the old to the new format only one of five pictures was displayed; the other four just had an img address. Why is that? They all appeared on the old format.

Scott
Yeah... why is that? I'm puzzled... so this is something that I have to investigate... thanks for pointing out the problem.

Bob
Bob Dugan - Assistant Webmaster
Pacific Seacraft 34: Emerald || CD 25D: Cricket (former owner)
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA in the Spring/Fall and Bustins Island, ME in the Summer
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

Just noticed that many of the icon links at the top of the page take you to the wrong page.
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
bobdugan

Post by bobdugan »

bobdugan wrote:
Scott Launey wrote:When my post "Odd Weather II" came over from the old to the new format only one of five pictures was displayed; the other four just had an img address. Why is that? They all appeared on the old format.

Scott
Yeah... why is that? I'm puzzled... so this is something that I have to investigate... thanks for pointing out the problem.

Bob
OK... I edited your post and the images reappeared... this is still puzzling to me. Let me know if you find any other threads with this issue... Bob
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA in the Spring/Fall and Bustins Island, ME in the Summer
Scott Launey
Naugus Fiberglass Mfg. Located: San Diego

Post by Scott Launey »

Thanks to you and Kathy for all the hard work on the new site.

Scott
Scott Launey
San Diego, CA
1966 Typhoon Weekender
"Angelina"
Naugus Mfg. #36
bgephart

Post by bgephart »

Is the "View new posts" link the same as the old board's "View all posts since your last session"? If not, how far back does "New" go?
bobdugan

Post by bobdugan »

bgephart wrote:Is the "View new posts" link the same as the old board's "View all posts since your last session"? If not, how far back does "New" go?
Apparently this is since your last session. Are you seeing something different?

Bob
M. R. Bober

Anybody seen my avatar?

Post by M. R. Bober »

It failed to complete the cruise from the old board to the new.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (Position Wanted: Avatar) VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: New posts....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

TIP:
Don't forget, as with the old board, when you're finished reading all of the topics/message threads that you're interested in, click on the "Mark topics read" link located in the forum's navigation area on the right side of the page.

Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
bobdugan

Re: Anybody seen my avatar?

Post by bobdugan »

M. R. Bober wrote:It failed to complete the cruise from the old board to the new.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (Position Wanted: Avatar) VA
Mitchell,

I checked the old board and was not able to find your avatar there either. Bummer... do you remember what it looked like?

Bob
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

If I recall correctly, in the prior board there was a button we could use to "delete" a post we had previously submittted and then, for whatever reason, decided we wanted to delete it completely.

I have not been able to find the "delete" button (to delete an entire post) in this new board. Do we have this capability on the new board :?:

Thank you.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
jepomer

Post by jepomer »

I noticed the new board did not correctly transfer the spelling of our boat (Aignéis --> Gaelic spelling of "Agnes").

Different fonts display less common characters "strangely", or not in a consistent manner which is too bad. After respelling the name, it looks proper now.

So people may want to double check some of their signatures, etc.
John
CD25 #622
CPDE0622M78E

"You are not going to find the ideal boat. You are not even going to have it if you design it from scratch."
~ Carl Lane