Anyone Try Kanberra Gel?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jim Evans

Anyone Try Kanberra Gel?

Post by Jim Evans »

There was an article about this gel that neutralizes odors in boats and other closed spaces written in the most recent issue of Chesapeake Bay magazine, and it was very positive. The gel is on the pricey side, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. The claim is that the gel destroys the source of odors, and is not just a perfume to mask the odor.

Here's another article on it: http://www.sailingworld.com/gear/fight- ... erra-gel-1.
Jim Evans
Jim Cornwell

Kanberra Gel

Post by Jim Cornwell »

Just received two 2oz (smallest) jars and will give them a trial when Yankee is closed up for the week after this weekend's outing (sure to be glorious!). If the claims are half proven after a couple of weeks of this routine, it will be a boon to our allergic and borderline-asthmatic guests, I reasoned, and well worth the cost. I'll report what I learn.

Meanwhile, during an extremely damp August / September here, I've been pleased to discover that we've stayed dry and funk-free, while other boats in my marina have been having heroic struggles with mold and mildew. The resident spiders must be opening the ports while we're away. Or maybe it's just the dorade. Jim.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Kanberra Gel

Post by Oswego John »

I had trouble trying to find out about this gel when using the Sailing World URL.

When I Googled the words "Kanberra Gel", I received all sorts of information as well as prices and reviews about this product.

Best regards,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Jim Evans

Corrected Link

Post by Jim Evans »

Jim Evans