Boatyard, Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahamas

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

captzigzag

Boatyard, Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahamas

Post by captzigzag »

The hurricane Irene hit the Marsh Harbour boatyard dead center.

Just returned after checking on my boat. I want to commend the boatyard for a job well done. They put a stand on the bow and three down each side. They also built a wooden cradle across the hull.

There wasn't any damage to the boats that were cradled. The people there are incredibly helpful.

If you want to leave your boat in the Bahamas during hurricane season rather then going back state side I recommend the Marsh Harbour Boatyard.
sfreihofer

Post by sfreihofer »

Nothing to do with your post, but your handle.

I love your chosen moniker, Capt. ZigZag. How creatively descriptive of a sailor! I admire your wit. Thanks for the chuckle.
Instant Bubble-head. Just add water.
captzigzag

zigzag

Post by captzigzag »

You are as naive as I. When soliciting a new name for my boat my son came up with several, one being Zigzag. I kept the name the boat came with, Suncatcher.

The first person from these boards who came aboard to check out the refit showed me where to hide my stash. Being a little dumb founded I said that won't be a problem, I don't do drugs.

He informed the that zigzag were wrapping papers for marijuana. That was news to me.

I accidently created a double entendre.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

ZigZag

Post by Oswego John »

My first thoughts of ZigZag reminded me of tacking back and forth in a zigzag direction.

O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
RIKanaka
Location: 1988 CD26 #73 "Moku Ahi" (Fireboat), Dutch Harbor, RI

Re: zigzag

Post by RIKanaka »

captzigzag wrote:
He informed the that zigzag were wrapping papers for marijuana. That was news to me.

I accidently created a double entendre.

Also used for legitimate smoking products. I will not divulge what my first thought was or why I thought of it.
Aloha,

Bob Chinn
sfreihofer

Post by sfreihofer »

I'm with OJ... I thought Zig Zag was referring to beating upwind. Although I am familiar with Zig Zag cigarette papers (and that's all I will confess to) that's not what tickled me. On that tack, it is indeed a nice double entendre.

I still say Capt. Zig Zag is witty. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Stan
Instant Bubble-head. Just add water.