July 30 Mattapoisett MA Rendezvous and Gala Dinner

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

July 30 Mattapoisett MA Rendezvous and Gala Dinner

Post by Neil Gordon »

Thanks to Dick Kobayashi for making arrangements for a Rendezvous and Gala Dinner in Mattapoisett, MA on July 30. Registration is simple enough... just email me with the number you're bringing to dinner and if you're coming by land or by sea.

Moorings are available from the Mattapoiestt Boatyard http://www.mattapoisettboatyard.com/harbor_location.htm and should be reserved ASAP. New this year... your mooring fee for July 30 will be reimbursed from Northeast Fleet funds.

The dinner location is not yet finalized and will depend on the number of attendees. Wherever we go, the bar tab is compliments of the Northeast Fleet, as will be coffee and dessert.

Please let us know by July 15.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: July 30 Mattapoisett MA Rendezvous and Gala Dinner

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Neil Gordon wrote: Wherever we go, the bar tab is compliments of the Northeast Fleet
My good friend Neil, the above key words having been spoken, and knowing of my long and tortured search for a Cape Dory 25D, is this offer only for current "active duty CDSOA members" or does this apply to "associate members" who recently sold their Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender but have not yet taken custodial care and custody of their beloved Cape Dory 25D :?: :D
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:
Neil Gordon wrote: Wherever we go, the bar tab is compliments of the Northeast Fleet
My good friend Neil, the above key words having been spoken, and knowing of my long and tortured search for a Cape Dory 25D, is this offer only for current "active duty CDSOA members" or does this apply to "associate members" who recently sold their Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender but have not yet taken custodial care and custody of their beloved Cape Dory 25D :?: :D
The offer applies to members, all of whom are now considered equal. Just to be clear though, don't quote me out of context... the free drinks can be had "wherever we go" for the Mattapoisett dinner, not wherever any CDSOA member might aimlessly wander from time to time here and there around the planet.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Neil Gordon wrote: the free drinks can be had "wherever we go" for the Mattapoisett dinner, not wherever any CDSOA member might aimlessly wander from time to time here and there around the planet.
Neil:

I'm going to stick with my original understanding. I'll make copies of your original post and show them to the many bartenders across the Pacific Rim as I wander aimlessly. :wink: They will need an address to mail the bar tabs. :D

When you are next in Miami hopefully I will by then be the custodian of a Cape Dory 25D and we can go out sailing again on Biscayne Bay. This time, hopefully, with a little more wind than we had the last time you visited.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Neil Gordon

Post by Neil Gordon »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:I'm going to stick with my original understanding.
Notice that the original post says quite clearly, "Wherever WE go." No single handing allowed on this one.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Welcome Back, Sea Hunt

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Robert,

It's really good to see that you're back posting again. I, and I am sure many others, are glad to read your witty postings and enjoy your sailing adventures in southern waters.

Many of us understand why you availed yourself of a literary hiatus. With or without the "Video" tag, we consider you an important part of the CD experience. You will always remain the original Sea Hunt to many of us.

Meanwhile, we are waiting for pictures of your soon to be CD 25D.

Best regards,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Michael Heintz
Location: Macht NichtsCD 30 MK IICove MarinaNorwalk, CT Woods Hole MarinaWoods Hole, Ma

Attending by Sea......

Post by Michael Heintz »

Nan & I will be attending, arriving by sea. We will be leaving Norwalk, CT on the 25th or 26th.

Going to visit friends in Newport and plan to be at Cuttyhunk on the 29th.

Anyone wanting to sail along together and have mini events, let me know!!!!!!

Looking forward to the event. Is it Redbrook the day after?
Michael Heintz
Captain Commanding
SV Macht Nichts
CD 30 MKII 004
Norwalk, CT
Woods Hole, MA.

http://www.heintzwasson.com
The Artist is not born to a life of pleasure.
He must not live idle;
he has hard work to perform,
and one which often proves a cross to be borne.
He must realize that his every deed, feeling, and thought
are raw but sure material from which his work is to arise,
That he is free in Art but not in life.
Neil Gordon

Let me know your plans!

Post by Neil Gordon »

The numbers are slowly growing... there should be a good handful of CDs in Cuttyhunk on the 29th and hopefully fair winds from there to Matty.

Let me know ASAP what your plans are if you haven't already done so!!!
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

Raven will plan on being in Cuttyhunk on the 29th. We usually anchor outside over towards the cut.

I will probably be at Block the night before.

Lookin forward to seeing everyone, Steve.
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Conflict

Post by Joe Myerson »

I'm afraid Creme Brulee will have to pass on the Mattapoisett gathering; there's a big event on July 30 at the Cataumet Club, and Lynne has volunteered to help out.

Red Brook is next door, so I'll try to be there.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Neil Gordon

Post by Neil Gordon »

No problem with conflicts. They happen. Overall though, you and Steve seem to get the hang of letting people know where you can/will be, so that others can choose to gather with you.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Michael Heintz
Location: Macht NichtsCD 30 MK IICove MarinaNorwalk, CT Woods Hole MarinaWoods Hole, Ma

Rendezvous.....

Post by Michael Heintz »

We plan to be in Cuttyhunk on the 29th as well. Will be in Block or Newport the night before.

My cell: 203-247-2191
Michael Heintz
Captain Commanding
SV Macht Nichts
CD 30 MKII 004
Norwalk, CT
Woods Hole, MA.

http://www.heintzwasson.com
The Artist is not born to a life of pleasure.
He must not live idle;
he has hard work to perform,
and one which often proves a cross to be borne.
He must realize that his every deed, feeling, and thought
are raw but sure material from which his work is to arise,
That he is free in Art but not in life.
Neil Gordon

Updated Sticky

Post by Neil Gordon »

I just updated the "Sticky."

Please post your cruising plans in this thread or otherwise so that others are encouraged to join in the fun.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Philip Tanner

Mattapoisett

Post by Philip Tanner »

Weather permitting, I hope to be in Cuttyhunk on the 29th with SPYDER, a Cape Dory 28. I'm thinking it may be difficult to pick up a mooring on a Friday afternoon in August (I hate anchoring). If the weather looks good, I may head out on Thursday. I'm travelling from Wickford Hbr in Narragansett Bay.
Neil Gordon

Re: Mattapoisett

Post by Neil Gordon »

Philip Tanner wrote:Weather permitting, I hope to be in Cuttyhunk on the 29th with SPYDER, a Cape Dory 28. I'm thinking it may be difficult to pick up a mooring on a Friday afternoon in August (I hate anchoring). If the weather looks good, I may head out on Thursday. I'm travelling from Wickford Hbr in Narragansett Bay.
FYI, I had no trouble picking up a mooring in Cuttyhunk inside the pond on July 5th. Both on the 5th and 6th, at the end of the day there were moorings to be had on the inside. In 5 stops at Cuttyhunk, weekends included, I've always been able to grab a mooring, if not inside, then outside.

Note to first time visitors... the moorings in Cuttyhunk have a rod with a large eye on top. There's no pendant and you need to have a dock line handy to slip through the eye.

Check with the harbormaster regarding rafting up if there's a shortage of moorings. I'm thinking it's okay with him except in storm conditions.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698