Oriental to Ocracoke

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob B

Oriental to Ocracoke

Post by Bob B »

This weekend we are heading out from Oriental, NC to Ocracoke on our Typhoon. It should be an adventure sail but after installing hatch dogs, an electrical system and such, it should be a good trip. The most difficult part should be the drive up and back. If anyone is out on the water on Friday or Sunday give us a shout.

Bob B.
CD Typhoon Liberty
Lancaster, SC
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

Sounds like fun Capt.

Post by Warren S »

If my First Mate wasn't in Honduras right now we would head out from the Pamlico River to jin up.

By the way, I am looking for a new slip/marina for Morveren. Do you have a slip, and if so would you recommend I check out your marina?

Thanks
"Being hove to in a long gale is the most boring way of being terrified I know." -Donald Hamilton
Bob B

Post by Bob B »

I wish that I did live in the area. We are in SC and are trailering up to Oriental. When we lived up there we lived on Ocracoke and had a slip out there. I think your advice about Fairfield is good. We dealt with Paul at Triton and I know that they have dock space but not sure what the cost is.

We're going to try to do a trip log for the cruising posts so will let you know how it goes.
Bob B.
CD Typhoon, Liberty
Lancaster, SC