CD restraint

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

SurryMark

CD restraint

Post by SurryMark »

I read other sailing forums, and enjoy them, but there is a difference. We don't get so many questions like "newbie wants to know which 45' boat is best for a circumnavigation," or "which is safer for cruising with six guests in the Caribbean, a Hunter or MacGregor?" We deal with specific issues, like freewheeling vs locked props, and philosophical problems on another saturday. The point of this post is to see if it can go down the list with zero responses.
Mark Baldwin
Surry, Maine
www.borealispress.net
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

"You lose"

Post by Joe Myerson »

Mark:

To quote Calvin Coolidge, when somebody supposedly bet that he could get the notoriously taciturn President to say five words:

"You lose."

Well, you might not have placed any money on it, but I bet I won't be the only person to post on this vital thread.

Spring's a comin'

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: "You lose"

Post by Neil Gordon »

Joe Myerson wrote:Mark:

To quote Calvin Coolidge, when somebody supposedly bet that he could get the notoriously taciturn President to say five words:

"You lose."

Well, you might not have placed any money on it, but I bet I won't be the only person to post on this vital thread.

Spring's a comin'

--Joe
I believe the bet was getting Cal to say three words.

If you want a zero response thread, ask the hypothetical you've already mentioned, i.e., "which is safer for cruising with six guests in the Caribbean, a Hunter or MacGregor?" Simply request that responses be limited to positive attributes.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
billc

Post by billc »

i was studying the lines of my CD 25 which is now nested snuggly by the barn and the thought crossed my mind that if i sawed the cabin top off and replaced it (the cabin top) with a flush deck the lines would be revealed to be as fine as any herschoff. (and the cabin as low)

i used my collection of wooden boat mags circa 1980 - 1989 as reference and i believe i am correct....
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

It depends on the time of the year if a post like yours will get a reply. If it is winter then those in the frozen tundra will talk about anything to keep from going in sane.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us