2010 Membership Directory - Two thumbs up!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

mike ritenour

2010 Membership Directory - Two thumbs up!

Post by mike ritenour »

I recieved my MD today in the mail. Its an awesome resource, especially for a Cape Dorian who is always on the go.

After looking at the well done CD I.D. Guide, I noticed the ommission of our Cape Dory Open Cockpit Typhoons in this edition.

Would it be possible to include the model in the next edition?

Many thanks for all of your hard work.

Rit
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Contact CDSOA Membershp Chair.....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi Mike,

Send your comments directly to the CDSOA Membership Chairperson, Bly Hartley. Her contact info can be found on our "Contact Us" page.

Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
bhartley
CD25D #184 "Pyxis"

CDSOA Member #785

Toir

Post by bhartley »

Mike,

Toir is not in the database record for your family. I have added the basics - name, model. When you renew (hint, hint...), fill out the information on the form or feel free to email it to me. :D

Bly
aja

Glad you like it!

Post by aja »

Mike,

Thanks for the thumbs up. It was a lot of work, but I think that it was worth it. I appreciate your comments.

I thought that the ID guide (in the back) would be a great addition for an on-the-boat resource for identifying and tracking Cape Dorys as we meet them on the water. So I included it in this year's directory.

This year's Directory is 50% larger than the last issue I published in 2008. 120 pages! I tried to keep things as concise as possible. But, your input is valuable for any improvements or additions to the next Directory which will be published in 2012. Bly, the new Membership Chair, will gather all that information over the next 2 years.

The Typhoon Cuddy model is lumped in with the TyD on this website, so I don't know how many models were made - but we can include a photo next time, if the guide is still included in future directories. Some of the smaller boats really had no info online and I'm sure that the web team would love to have it up there, so if anyone can fill in the blanks - notify the web team.

Fleet Capatains: I think that the guide would be a great idea for contests at fleet functions - ie. "who has a record of the most CDs spotted" or "have you seen my boat?" and get a prize - bring your guides to events to compare.

Its also a great way to spot CDs who aren't members and hail them or drop a packet of info when you pass by their mooring, etc. We should all be ambassadors for CDSOA.

Farewell and Thanks again,
Don
CDSOA Membership Chair (2007 - 2010)
s/v aja
1977 cd25 #530
Fairhaven, MA

NE Fleet Member since 2002
Carl Thunberg

Thank you for your service!

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Don is a very modest man. Most of us have very little comprehension of all the work that our Membership Chair does for us. Don basically built our membership list from scratch when he took over. He took it from a proprietary database to a very user-friendly Excel version. Thank you for your service, Don! You've left things in good order for Bly, and I'm sure she's going to be great.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
mahalocd36

I second that!

Post by mahalocd36 »

Don and Diana do a ton of work for the CDSOA and it is really appreciated! THANK YOU.
Melissa Abato
www.sailmahalo.com
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Very Nice

Post by jbenagh »

My copy arrived today and it really is nice!

Jeff
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

I just received my 2010 CDSOA Directory today. I echo the statements of all the earlier posts. Thank you to ALL who participated in putting this together. It is terrific :!: :!:
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
Dixon Hemphill

My two cents

Post by Dixon Hemphill »

From the Table of Contents to the Cape Dory Identification Guide the 2010 Directory is a real masterpiece! It must have taken Don Paquette many long hours to compile this directory and he certainly is to be commended for such great work. I doubt very much if there is another directory among the hundreds of sailboat owners organizations that equals ours.
Within the the unlocked homes of the Swedish villages on the shores of the Baltic around the rocks sings the sea.
Dean Abramson

Terrific!

Post by Dean Abramson »

I got my directory today. It is fabulous. Thanks so much, Don and Diana!

Folks, when you get your directory, don't fail to find the great bonus features in the back of the book.
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
bhartley
CD25D #184 "Pyxis"

CDSOA Member #785

If you're missing this fantastic Directory...

Post by bhartley »

JOIN CDSOA and don't miss out next time!

http://www.capedory.org/index.html#joinCDSOA

Makes a great present this season!

xoxo,

Your Membership Chair
M. R. Bober

Re: If you're missing this fantastic Directory...

Post by M. R. Bober »

bhartley wrote:JOIN CDSOA and don't miss out next time!

xoxo,

Your Membership Chair
When were they mailed?

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (Where the mail often arrives late.) VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Membership List

Post by Oswego John »

Mitch,

I received my copy on Tuesday, Dec. 14. They were probably sent out over the weekend of Dec 11-12.

I'm really sorry to be the one that has to tell you this. You see, you're not getting a copy. You've been a baaaad boy this year and so all you are getting is a lump of coal. :(

O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: If you're missing this fantastic Directory...

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

M. R. Bober wrote:
bhartley wrote:JOIN CDSOA and don't miss out next time!

xoxo,

Your Membership Chair
When were they mailed?

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (Where the mail often arrives late.) VA
Looks like you need to contact our new CDSOA Membership Chairperson Bly Hartley. She posted an item above in this thread so you can find that and just click on either the "email" or "pm" button and send her a note.

Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Happy Holidays
bhartley
CD25D #184 "Pyxis"

CDSOA Member #785

December 12-14th

Post by bhartley »

They were mailed between the 12th & 14th. Don is checking you you right now.

Bly

The information with the mailing detail has been emailed to you directly. It should be arriving shortly!
Last edited by bhartley on Dec 20th, '10, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.