Cd 10 ?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jimbo
Location: cd 27 malletts bay vt. Cattail cd 14 #65 cd 10 #2251

Cd 10 ?

Post by Jimbo »

I just acquired #2251 and was curious what was under the aft seat boards. Floatation? open? I needs a new sail, though I will probably throw some patches on this one to finish the season. Jim
Ed Haley

Flotation

Post by Ed Haley »

Under the aft seat boards, there was a few flotation pieces (like styrofoam) that filled the space. I put a black screen (black gardening screen) on the top of the flotation pieces to keep falling leaves and insects from getting down into the chamber and rotting, absorbing water.
Last edited by Ed Haley on Aug 21st, '10, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo
Location: cd 27 malletts bay vt. Cattail cd 14 #65 cd 10 #2251

available space

Post by Jimbo »

Sooo is it full or is there available space that could be used for storage. I kind of don't want to drill out the bungs and pop the boards if it's full. Jim
Kquist
1981 CD 30c
Hull # 194
East Greenwich, RI
CD 10, Hull #100 to be restored

Post by Kquist »

We recently purchased two CD10's. You can take the seats off without much work if you just want to look and make sure the previous owners didn't remove it for some reason. It is a sweet rowing boat too.
Kelle & Walt Quist
Rowe, MA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails."
Mark Twain
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Post by winthrop fisher »

goto your marine store and ask for sail tape and cut the tape one inch bigger all around the cut and put it on both sides of the sail...
that will hold for two or three seasons...
hope that helps...
winthrop
John Laton

CD 10

Post by John Laton »

My older CD 10 ( interior wood transom/wood rear seat base years ) has the rear seat filled up with sealed heavy plastic bags of cut up styrofoam.. conforms to the cavity well and has a styrofoam board to cover the top.. it seems to work well. You mentioned bungs on the rear seat ? .. I have round wood screws that appear to be original.. perhaps yours is one of the newer ones ?

Oh and agree.. they are one sweet rowing dory !

John
cd 10 Heron Now