Bermuda - Cape Dory Typhoon

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Tab

Bermuda - Cape Dory Typhoon

Post by Tab »

Before I was enable as a poster on this Board, I noticed a post from someone in Bermuda that had looked at a CD Typhoon in Bermuda but had decided to buy one in the US. I bought the Bermuda Typhoon and would like to get together and swap notes with that person. I can be reached at Tabshanafelt@gmail.com should that person decide to do so.

Kind Regards
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Ron Campbell

Post by Joe Myerson »

Tab,

Welcome to the Cape Dory community.

I believe the person you're looking for is Ron Campbell. You can probably do a search of the member directory or this board to find his profile. I believe he lives in Sandys (Is that a place on Bermuda?).

Best,

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
OveRCs

Post by OveRCs »

Hey Tab, I'm the guy you're looking for. I'm in the phone book under Ron & Cindy.

My "new" Typhoon arrived at Spar Yard late yesterday afternoon. I got her unwrapped and gave her a good lookover -- all the water rats hanging around the yard commented on her beautiful lines. I unpacked the new sails and the two British Seagull OBs . . . then just sat in the cockpit until the sun went down. It was better than Christmas morning!

Congrats on your purchase! I too looked at her but she was a bit beyond my ability to restore as I don't have the necessary skills & tools. Let's get together, I'll shoot you an email!

Hey folks, we got us a new fleet out here!
Ron Campbell, Sandys Bermuda
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Interfleet visit?

Post by Joe Myerson »

Hey Ron and Tab,

I hope I'm not being forward, but since you've now established a Royal Bermuda Cape Dory Typhoon Society, perhaps you'd be willing to clink glasses with some fellow Cape Dory sailors.

George van Drasek's Cape Dory 33, Isabelle, is scheduled to depart Greenport, NY, for St. George's, Bermuda, on June 18 as part of the Bermuda Cruising Rally (not the big race, but perhaps a warmup for next year).

There will be four of us on board, two of us Cape Dory owners (including yours truly).

Perhaps we can share some Dark & Stormies during our four-day layover on the island.

In any case, thanks for bringing our classic sailboats to your beautiful islands.

Best,

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Boats for sale in Bermuda

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

Do any of you Bermuda folks know Mr. Smokes marina in St. Georges? I was there a couple of months ago and he told me about a boat for sale where the guy died during a crossing. There was also a boat tied up near the customs office that I think was for sale. I am trying to find any information I can and any help would be appreciated.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us
OveRCs

Post by OveRCs »

Hi Joe,
I have already been in touch with George a couple of times and we look forward to meeting you when you arrive in Bermuda. George indicated you will be tied up in St. Georges and I believe he has my contact info. I will shoot you a PM.

Kevin, as far as the boats in St. Georges, let me check with a couple of mates.
Ron Campbell, Sandys Bermuda