For Sale: 1979 Cape Dory 28 in Massachusetts

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Stan W.

For Sale: 1979 Cape Dory 28 in Massachusetts

Post by Stan W. »

I feel like I need to streamline my life a little so I am offering "Nonsly" for sale.

She is a 1979 Cape Dory 28, Hull No. 225. She was one of the first CD 28s with the updated cabin layout (teak and holly sole, 60 gallons freshwater tankage, etc.). She is USCG documented.

I have owned her about 10 years. In that time, she was sailed every summer, as far south as Shelter Island and as far north as Muscongus Bay. I have also done some casual racing and she sails well against her handicap.

She came with a number of nice options including a fresh water cooled engine, opening midship hatch and hot and cold pressure water. The prior owner gave her an epoxy bottom job. She is very original, but I have added Schaefer roller furling, a Schaefer main sheet traveler, a spinnaker halyard, a Spartan anchor roller and a Standard Horizon knotmeter. In addition to routine maintenance, I have replaced the bowsprit, replaced the forward hatch, refurbished the midship hatch, replaced the cabin sole, replaced the VHF radio and replaced the prop shaft and cutlass bearing. The mainsail is about 9 years old and in very good condition. The 135 genoa is about 6 years old and in excellent condition. The engine is the original 13 hp Volvo MD7A diesel which still runs good.

She is in Duxbury, MA. She is out of the water now but I plan to launch her sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

Priced to move at $18,000. I would also consider a trailerable sailboat in the 18-22 foot range with traditional lines and basic accommodations in partial trade.

NEW PRICE: $17,000
Last edited by Stan W. on Jun 19th, '10, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
ronkberg

WOW Stan...

Post by ronkberg »

I sailed only one time with you on "Nonsly" and we won the class in the Boston regatta. I learned a lot about how to sail w/o much wind from a skilled skipper. If my wife were sailing with me, I'd make you an offer with my Typhoon. However, she sits ashore and worries about me sailing the bay and her fears of ocean sailing is beyond discussion.

I will vouch for the boat as one of the nicest CD-28's I've seen and I hope someone with CD roots buys her.

Best of luck and I hope you stay in touch with the CD forum as your comments are always good reads.

Regards, Ron
Ron Kallenberg
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Sailing in Saco Bay, Maine
Angela and Tom
prev. Typhoon "Dog Star"
Duxbury, MA

Post by Angela and Tom »

Stan, I'm heartbroken! I can't believe you will be parting ways with Nonsly. You and that boat have been such an inspiration to us.
A
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Stan:

I am sorry to learn of your decision to sell "Nonsly". I remember her from the August 2007 Maine sail. She is beautiful.

As I told Toni and Michael when they were selling their CD 28 - if I thought I had a snowball's chance in HE [double hockey sticks] of being able to single hand a CD I would be on plane to Mass. Unfortunately, I lack your sailing skills. :(

Good luck with your selling efforts. I would think she should sell quickly, especially this time of year.
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
bill2

wow

Post by bill2 »

Stan

Best wishes to sell a great cd28.

Having been crew ( also ) on Nonsly for one BHIR I too go on record as attesting to Nonsly's great condition .

While Stan's skill at racing is legendary, he also is a great single handed " blue water " sailor.

Fair winds and following seas . . .

Bill
Stan W.

Bump for new price. n/m.

Post by Stan W. »

n/m
Drew

Pictures

Post by Drew »

Stan,

Have you got pics? Would like to see the boat, inside and out. Thanks!
Stan W.

Still on the hard and still for sale.

Post by Stan W. »

Lots of good sailing time left this season. I have recent photos I can e-mail to interested parties. Contact me via private message using this board.
Stan W.

Still for sale.

Post by Stan W. »

Send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll send recent photos.
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Stan:

I sent you a PM.
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
BillyO

CD28

Post by BillyO »

If you still have the 28, let me know.
I sail a CD22 on Winnie.