Happy Birthday Andy Denmark

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Scott MacCready
Location: Previous Owner of CD30-ketch, CD26 #29, and CD25 #635 Hulls Cove,ME

Happy Birthday Andy Denmark

Post by Scott MacCready »

Hey Andy, If I was down there I'd buy you a D&S and drink a toast to you. then again, no reason I can't lift one for you here. Happy Birthday!
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I second that!! And if not a D&S perhaps a rather large aliquot of MacAllans 18 year old single malt!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
chase

you da man

Post by chase »

Andy, hope it is a great day-

'ppreciate you-

Chase
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Happy Birthday

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Andy,

Happy Birthday. Just for today, since it is Derby Day, maybe consider having a toast with a mint julep instead of a D&S. :D

Enjoy the day. Here's wishing you a safe, healthy new year to come.

Best wishes,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
darmoose
Mystic Rose

Happy Birthday Andy....

Post by darmoose »

I will be in Oriental tomorrow and I will buy you a D&S if I am fortunate enough to see you in town. Janet and I will be touring around town after about 10am and stay the evening.

Mystic rose lies in Adams Creek tonite and the plan is to get across the Neuse river early before the winds pick up.

In all seriousness Andy, I would like to pick your brain a little bit about the next few days journey. It looks like alot of open water and I am concerned about the "best" conditions to try for. Any help you may offer would be greatly appreciated. My phone is 954 540 3686 if you would wish to call me tonite or tomorrow.

Hope to see or talk to you.

Darrell
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Hello Andy:

I join the good wishes of the others. Happy Birthday :!:

Enjoy the day whether with a D & S, a mint julep or, my favorite, a Guinness :D
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
Andy Denmark

Birthday in Pacific Northwest

Post by Andy Denmark »

Hello from Snohomish, WA, where I'm spending my 72nd w/ daughter's family. Went with g'kids to see "Oceans" and highly recommend it -- excellent and amazing photography.

Tnx fer the kudos, Warren, Chase, O.J., Darrell and Robert. I'll take a rain check on the D & S's.

Darrell, the local CD Fleet is in South River tonight and tomorrow. That's only a few miles from Cedar Creek. Head out to AC #1 then Garbacon Shoal marker (#7) and it's a straight shot into South River. They can give you the info you want. The Fleet is anchored off of a little ghost town called Lukens (on the charts).

Warren, we can partake of some of that MacAlans in the summer as I will be up your way for sure.

I'm headed outside where there are ribs cooking and lots of beer. I like a brand called Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve and the locals laugh at me and call it the "Pepsi Cola" of NW beers. RHIP, though and that only means there's always one for me!!!

Thanks again for thinking of me,

Andy
________
FORD AOD TRANSMISSION SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by Andy Denmark on Feb 13th, '11, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Loren
Chaumont, NY

Happy Birthday

Post by Loren »

All the best to you Andy. I enjoyed coffee with you at "The Bean" and the good conversation when we traveled south a couple years ago. Hope all is well.

Fair Winds,
Loren
SV Whippoorwill
CD 27