Replacement Manual Bilge Pump CD30 (1978)

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

DocJoe
Fair Haven, NJ

Replacement Manual Bilge Pump CD30 (1978)

Post by DocJoe »

Hi Group-

I checked the archives, but.....does anyone have a recommendation for a complete replacement for the manual bilge pump on the 30?

Thanks!

Joe
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

I installed a Whale Gusher 10 in Raven.

It seemed a bit pricey at the time but if you are going to spend money on something boat related, the bilge pump is not a bad place to do it. I would have kept the Gusher 8 but had a hard time finding parts for it. The 10 is a beautiful pump and sucks like crazy (in a good way). I had to drill new mounting holes and the metal cover plate that keeps the sun off of the rubber pump parts just barely covers the old mounting holes. I have an inspection port in the aft end of my cockpit that made it much easier but installation was a pretty straight forward job.

The Gusher 10, is a robust, higher capacity, all metal pump that is easy to get parts for and fits in the original location.

You couldn't go too far wrong with that, Steve.
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Picture

Post by moctrams »

Can you provide a picture of the Whale Gusher 10 installed. I will replace my Whale Gusher 8 if the repair kit does not work.