Typhoon Weekender for sale/ Chatham, Harwich,Ma

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Mark Kelleher

Typhoon Weekender for sale/ Chatham, Harwich,Ma

Post by Mark Kelleher »

1974 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender for sale. Good shape, sailed much in Nantucket Sound. New lines, stays, well maintained 5 hp Mercury engine. 2 sets of sails. $3900
seatime

Post by seatime »

Hi Mark...do you still have this boat...is it on a trailer? Have low res pics?

Thanks,

Fred
Mark Kelleher

Post by Mark Kelleher »

Boat is still available; no trailer. Kids home over Christmas so hopefully they can help me post photos.
Mark Kelleher
seatime

trailer

Post by seatime »

Hi Mark...do you know where I can get a trailer that will fit your boat ...It ias a good idea to line up a used trailer or a pplace that can fabricate one for the TYphoon (and know the cost of it) because transporting the little beauty is going to be a task that won't go away...

Fred
Handycat

Trailer for Typhoon

Post by Handycat »

If the boat is on the hard, buy a used trailer that has a 1 ton capacity and have a local welding yard fit and attach either bunks or 4 pieces of 1 1/2" dia. slanted galvanized pipe, braced w/ 3/16" plate to accept jack stands tops. Total cost should not exceed $800. You can find all of this stuff on craigslist.
Be sure to have the boat measured by the welder. I didn't. I used the dimensions on the CDSOA web page and they were really out of whack! An ounce of prevention...
In any case you can come up with a decent trailer, especially now when boats are on the hard - even better in spring when boats are launched and people want to get rid of their trailers.
rtwhitman2

Your Typhoon

Post by rtwhitman2 »

Is your Typhoon still for sail? If so, how can I get more details and view pictures?
matarcadia

Re: Trailer for Typhoon

Post by matarcadia »

Handycat wrote:If the boat is on the hard, buy a used trailer that has a 1 ton capacity and have a local welding yard fit and attach either bunks or 4 pieces of 1 1/2" dia. slanted galvanized pipe, braced w/ 3/16" plate to accept jack stands tops. Total cost should not exceed $800. You can find all of this stuff on craigslist.
Be sure to have the boat measured by the welder. I didn't. I used the dimensions on the CDSOA web page and they were really out of whack! An ounce of prevention...
In any case you can come up with a decent trailer, especially now when boats are on the hard - even better in spring when boats are launched and people want to get rid of their trailers.
Handycat,
I am in the process of building a trailer for my Typhoon. I have the base trailer and am now working on positioning the boat stand poppits on top. Can you help me with specific dimensions for the location of four stands, two on each side? Many thanks,
Michael #161
zeven

Cape Dory Typhoon

Post by zeven »

Is the boat still for sail?

Please reply via email.
Thanks

Frank

Webmaster wrote:In an effort to protect the owner from spammers, the E-mail address has been modified or deleted from this message by the webmaster. Please see the "Sticky" located at the top of this forum titled:

Sticky: Important...regarding e-mail addresses.....PLEASE READ!

Folks, to contact the person who posted the above message, please click on either the "email" or "pm" button below left.
Mark Kelleher

Post by Mark Kelleher »

Yes, it is still available.