Posting links to CDs for sale

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

Ok, now we see why the Typhoon wasn't launched this year. Its not fair to sneak buying a new CD without telling us. Check with Seahunt, I think its in the rulebook. Your punishment should be to take other CD Gansett bay sailors out for a sail on the new boat next season.
Angela and Tom
prev. Typhoon "Dog Star"
Duxbury, MA

Re: Thanks...

Post by Angela and Tom »

I did post the link (to a Day Sailer in NJ) in the appropriate Buy/Sell section, initially:
http://capedory.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=25860
If anyone is interested, I think the listing is still active.

Better take a look at your post...Looks like you may have been responsible for making a very nice match :)
RIKanaka
Location: 1988 CD26 #73 "Moku Ahi" (Fireboat), Dutch Harbor, RI

Post by RIKanaka »

Markst95 wrote:Ok, now we see why the Typhoon wasn't launched this year. Its not fair to sneak buying a new CD without telling us. Check with Seahunt, I think its in the rulebook. Your punishment should be to take other CD Gansett bay sailors out for a sail on the new boat next season.
Mark,

The Typhoon wasn't launched for other, more complex reasons, although I do admit that I've been casually looking for a larger boat for some time and may have been less motivated than in past years. I had held off mentioning the details on the CD26 purchase because I hadn't received the paperwork finalizing the deal until this week and I knew I'd have a slew of questions to bring this "project" CD26 up to bay-worthy status. It's 1988 with a 9.9 Honda in the motor well that I first saw on craigslist but had also been posted here and eventually on ebay. In essence, the boat suffered a mainsail fire that melted all the boom sheeves, left a sooty residue on the boom, turned some of the the cabintop and companionway trim into charcoal, and melted/deformed the cabintop traveler and cars. Needless to say, the main sail and sheet were destroyed. Strangely, the fiberglass suffered cosmetic damage only. I'll be asking a multitude of questions over the next several months as I go about repairing/replacing vaporized or damaged parts. For the time being I'm working on getting it covered before the weather gets nasty. Once I get it in the water next spring anyone is welcome to come out to help carry out my "punishment".

As much as it will pain me to do so, I'll likely be listing the Typhoon for sale in the spring, giving me 2 projects to work on this winter/spring.
Angela and Tom wrote:Better take a look at your post...Looks like you may have been responsible for making a very nice match.
Glad to hear that someone scooped this Day Sailer up. Sounded too good to last very long.
Aloha,

Bob Chinn
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

I remember seeing the boat listed. Good thing the fire damage wasn't bad, should be an easy fix.