Volvo MD2B for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
jmdild

Volvo MD2B for sale

Post by jmdild »

I replaced the Volvo from my 1976 CD28 with a Beta and have for it for sale Engine was running when removed. I have been told that it is a 25 HP Volvo MD2B and also been told that it could be a MD11C. Can find no markings other than a plate with what could be a serial number. The boat was on the hard when I bought it, but I ran the engine for about a minute. And ran it again just before I removed it. It took a few revolutions to start but seemed to run smoothly. Complete with transmission and panel. I am asking $800.00 and buyer pay the freight. It’s on a pallet ready to ship. I can drop it at a freight depot in Chattanooga TN. I think it weighs around 400 to 450 lbs. Should ship about anywhere for under $200.00. I have photos if anyone is interested.
markgrark

BETA

Post by markgrark »

Although I am not interested in the Volvo I am interested in how you chose the BETA, which one you installed and how everything turned out. I plan to repower my CD 28 in the spring and am considering a BETA. My boat is now powered by a very tired Farymann A30. Any advice you could provide would be appreciated.