Fairclough Cover for CD33

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Doug Oliver
Bucks Harbor, Maine

Fairclough Cover for CD33

Post by Doug Oliver »

Does anyone out there in Cape Dory land have a fairclough cover for a CD33. I just spoke with the company and they have a pattern for the 330 but not the 33. Would there be a difference in shroud placement on the 330 vs the 33. Where else might there be a difference in the cover fitting? Do those that have fairclough covers think that they are a good value.

I appreciate any input. Thanks.
MFC
Hull No.128

Connecticut CD33

Post by MFC »

There's a fairclough cover on the 33 f/s in CT (check yachtworld). That boat has a bowsprit (and oddity for a 33) but the cover doesn't conform to the bowsprit. Basically, I think the covers should be identical.
Luck,
Matt
Chris Reinke
Location: CD330 - Innisfail (Gaelic for "A Little Bit Of Heaven on Earth"), Onset, MA

We have the 330 Version

Post by Chris Reinke »

I purchased the Fairclough cover for my 330 to replace the heavy canvas cover and PVC frame I have been using for the past 8 years....I should have made the switch 7.5 years ago!

I am very happy with the cover. It is MUCH easier to install and dismantle than my old cover. We had an issue with the top of my stern ladder popping through the cover last winter and Erik was great to deal with for a quick and professional repair.

I had to take several measurements to accommodate a stern radar pole, and also sent them several digital pictures. Perhaps you can get them to send you the dimensions they have on file and compare them to your actual measurements. They were very accommodating at customizing as needed.

I am very happy with the product and the customer service they provided:
ERIK SCHMALING
Vice President
PHONE:(203) 787-2322
FAX: (203)787-2334
FAIRCLOUGH SAILMAKERS INC.
620 ELLA T. GRASSO BLVD. NEW HAVEN CT, 06519
Clay Stalker

Fairclough Cover and Frame

Post by Clay Stalker »

Hi Doug,

I had a Fairclough cover for my Shannon 28 and liked it a lot. It is a quality product from a company with a good record of customer service. That said, it is not the easiest thing to put on alone and used to take me the better part of a day to install it....I suppose the more you do it, the better you get at it. Overall, an excellent product.

Clay
Clay Stalker
Westmoreland, NH and Spofford Lake, NH
Dalton

12 years old

Post by Dalton »

and still holding up well. So it's been out in the winter weather for like 6 years.
At $2,600.00 including the frame, in '97 that's $216.00 a season, so far. And the boat's been covered for 6 years.