What other sailboat would you own?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Gozzard

Post by moctrams »

How about a Gozzard 31??
WaywardWind

Other loves

Post by WaywardWind »

Behind every boat purchase (or most any other purchase) there is one or more criteria* important to the buyer. I bought a Cape Dory for its heavy weather sailing capability. In heartbeat, I'd buy a Vertue 25 or 27 or SCOD 26 or BCC to meet the same criteria. Indeed, by that criteria I think each of the above four boats is better. For that matter a Great Dane 28 is almost certainly a better boat as well.

The problem?

Save the BCC, none of those others come up for sale. And the BCC is simply off the meter as far as price goes.

*Some people like the shear, some the hull shape, others the bronze portholes, and on other boats the high tech mast(s), or microwave, or bathtub, or queensize bed, or the wide space left to right, or the tiled fireplace, or whatever. Me, I like a boat that can take a hit at sea.
tartansailor

I'm Happy With:

Post by tartansailor »

Rebinva

MIKE

Post by Rebinva »

If you are willing to go up to 35 feet, look at a Pearson 35. Shaw designed, but clearly Alberg influenced. Excellent sailers even tho they are CB boats. And, there are a lot to chose from.