Bimini - CD25D For Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
nvandal

Bimini - CD25D For Sale

Post by nvandal »

I have an original brown-colored bimini for sale taken from a CD25D. It's in very good condition with only one snap missing ( easy fix ) and a small tear on the underside of one corner ( easy repair and won't show ). This tear is not on the outside/ weather side. The windows are clear and pretty decent. No cracking, tears or dull areas. I cleaned them, but they could be made even cleaner. Still supple. Zippers all work fine, but a little parafin wax would make them perfect. I woulds seal the fabric with Scotchgard or some similar waterproofing. The fabric is only slightly faded, which would likely come bacvk with sealing. The owner said the bimini was only seldom used.
I also have the frame, which could be used but is not very pretty. It was a coated metal and the coating is bubbled and deterirated. It could be wrapped with some sort of tape to be perfectly serviceable. It needs a couple base fittings. Use it as a pattern to bend a new stainless one if desired.
I originally thought the bimini wasn't in good shape, but I was in error. I have photos I can send, but I will only respond to folks who send me a personal email. I WILL NOT respond via this site or via a PM. Please. It's too complicated for me to keep track.
Price: $ 175.00 plus shipping ( not sure how frame will ship )
Email me at : vandal@tds.net Or cal: (802) 485-8380
Thanks much,
Norm Vandal
Roxbury, VT
nvandal

Bimini or dodger???

Post by nvandal »

I called this a bimini, but it's often called a dodger. Is " bimini " a generuc term for any kind of protective canvas or cloth canopy. Ouch! Canopy. Another generic term!
If I'm in error, let me know. If a bimni can't be a dodger, and vise-versa, please advise
Thanks,
Norm V.
marv brinn

bim

Post by marv brinn »

A bimini is used to block the sun a dodger shields the sailor from spray
none