CD30C Power panels/Traveler

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

CD30C Power panels/Traveler

Post by moctrams »

I updated my 12volt and 120v power in my CD30C and the old ones are available at not no cost for anyone that wants them. I also upgraded my Traveler System and the Traveler car and End Stops are also available at no cost.
Steve Laume

Nice of you to offer

Post by Steve Laume »

What did you do for a traveler system? Do the controls run down to the deck so you could manage them from behind a dodger or do you need to dance around on deck? Manufacturer?

This is on my list of winter projects, Steve.
moctrams

Traveler

Post by moctrams »

Repalced the existing system with the Garhauer Traveler system. Lines lead to cockpit. Very strong system when wind picks up.
Garhauer people very easy to work with.
Dixon Hemphill

Updates

Post by Dixon Hemphill »

Moctrams,

Two projects I planned last year were to install a new traveler system and rewire my 12v setup. I, like you, installed a Garhauer traveler this spring and am very happy with it but I have yet to do anything about the 32 year old wiring on my CD28.

Is your 12v wiring in such a physical condition that it could be installed in place of my present wiring? I assume the CD30 and 28 are that much different as regards wiring.

Dixon
Within the the unlocked homes of the Swedish villages on the shores of the Baltic around the rocks sings the sea.
moctrams

Wiring

Post by moctrams »

Being an old Western Electric guy, rewiring Gabbiano was quite simple. I simply tagged the old wiring and ran new to the components. I moved the new panels to the Starboard storage area above the ice box, soldered all the terminals and splices and it works like a charm. I did the same thing on my previous cal 29 and the current owner has no electrical problems. I have also rewired several boats in our harbor. I provide the owner with a VISIO drawing and a cable running list. Much better then the manufacture's drawings.
Hud Smith

End stops?

Post by Hud Smith »

We're missing our end stops, and would be very interested in yours- if they're still available.
moctrams

Traveler/power panels

Post by moctrams »

All of the removed equipment has been mailed out. They went fast. Good message Board.