Our New/Old CD 27

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

gvanbell

Our New/Old CD 27

Post by gvanbell »

Hello everyone. My partner and I just stumbled into a CD 27 that we are fixing up and making over. We've started a blog about the adventure. Come visit!

http://capedory27.blogspot.com

-g
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Congrats on your good judgement and good luck with your 27.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

You're gonna love the boat. She's rugged and will take care of you if you take care of her. This CDSOA board has a wealth of information so anytime you have to scratch your head about anything involving the boat, just ask here and you are sure to get learned opinions.

I'll be anxious to watch your progress!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Welcome and Congratulations

Post by Joe Myerson »

Hayden & Greg:

Warren said it well: You've got a wonderful boat--and you've joined a wonderful group of Cape Dory experts/enthusiasts/cultists.

BTW, you might want to look at Peter Baumgartner's book "London Goes to Sea," about a neglected CD 27 that the author brought back to life.

Enjoy your boat,

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

This CDSOA board has a wealth of information so anytime you have to scratch your head about anything involving the boat, just ask here and you are sure to get learned opinions.
Welcome to the Family and please consider membership in the CDSOA, Inc. Part of the dues support this wonderful resource.

Fair Winds
Bill Member #250.
gvanbell

Thanks all!

Post by gvanbell »

Thanks for the kind messages and PMs, everyone. We have spent a lot of time reading these boards prior to buying the boat in the first place, so I know there is a lot of support!

We joined the CDSOA a few weeks ago to support the cause. It was our first Cape Dory related purchase after the boat. :D

We'll be here often. Don't forget to bookmark or follow the blog!

-g
Shipscarver
"SOUL MATE"

our old/new CD27

Post by Shipscarver »

Welcome to the club. This is a great group, free with their help and advise. I will be following your progress step by step while working on my 1980 CD27 here in Florida.
Take Pictures of every step. We love pictures and you will love them later.
Shipscarver
Sailing the Florida Gulf