FeNIX has a new owner

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fenixrises

FeNIX has a new owner

Post by fenixrises »

Hi all,

FeNIX officially has a new owner whom I have encouraged to come and join the CD board.

As for her former owner, that's me :wink: Fred, I plan to go sailing again. If things go according to my plans I will be heading back to the Pacific in about one year.

First of course I want another boat. This neccesitates selling my house first. Then boat shopping and outfitting my selection. While FeNIX is a fine small boat and I have lived aboard her for all but two nights during my trip I want something with a bit more room.

The next boat will be my home 'till I fall over. As such I want to have more space and a few more creature comforts. Refrigeration being the number one addition on my mind. I have looked at, on-line and in the flesh, many boats between 32' ~ 38'. Since I am not rich and am fortunate enough to be able to do the work myself I will be looking at a fixer upper, probably cosmetically challenged boat. Which one exactly I can not say at this point in time. Pointless to go shopping until I have the money in my pocket.

When I actually have the next boat I will set up another web page and post updates on the development of the newbie. And once underway I will do something similar to FeNIX's Adventure pages.

Again I thank all the board members who have contributed their ideas, opinions and expertise to this site. I think it is one of the best owners sites on the web.

I have swallowed the anchor but only for a short time.

Take care,
Fred
You should always have an odd number of holes in your boat!
John Ring

Re: FeNIX has a new owner

Post by John Ring »

fenixrises wrote:First of course I want another boat. This necessitates selling my house first.
There's nothing like having one's priorities in order!

Well done Fred! Very well done!

Cheers,
John Ring
CD28 #241
Tantalus
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Duncan
Montreal, QC

Re: FeNIX has a new owner

Post by Duncan »

fenixrises wrote:When I actually have the next boat I will set up another web page and post updates on the development of the newbie. And once underway I will do something similar to FeNIX's Adventure pages.
That's certainly something to look forward to - your Fenix pages have been excellent!
seadog6532
Location: last boat 31' C&C Corvette, 0wner of CD30k #112 Arianna.

Post by seadog6532 »

Good luck Fred. Hope all goes well with the sale of your home and search for new boat. Do you have a short list of boats you will be looking at? Also, Why should you have an odd number of holes in your boat and is this only for the holes under the water line or the whole boat?

Mark and Anna of Arianna CD30K #112
Mark and Anna of Arianna CD30K #112
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

The odd number of holes has troubled me too. Just what constitutes a hole? Sending unit for a depth sounder, shaft tube or only through hulls? If it is holes in the hull that count, what if they are sometimes under water like the exhaust?

Good luck with all of your endeavors. You are a far richer man than most for the experiences you have already had.

I have a feeling you will be back on the water in a very short time, Steve.
john schwarzenbach
wavysable 1

Cpae Dory Fenix

Post by john schwarzenbach »

Sounds like too much fun going on here.
I hope to partake in the near future.

John
Advice and assistance is always welcome .....peace and thanks