Cruising News for S/V Rhapsody

Cruising on your Cape Dory? Let us know your whereabouts and post cruise updates here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

barfwinkle

Cruising News for S/V Rhapsody

Post by barfwinkle »

Hello fellow CDers

I just want to let anyone that is interested know that there is a newly added log entry to Rhapsody's Log highlighting a trip that my granddaughters and I took in the Fall of 2007.

Here is the link:

http://www.rhapsodysails.com/fall_cruise_2007.htm

Fair winds and stay warm.
Bill Member #250.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Great adventure with the grandchildren. I envy you. My granddaughter is only 3 and I can't wait to do a similar trip with her. She is a real water lover already and when the time comes I know she'll go crazy the first time she's on my boat!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Post by winthrop fisher »

hi...

my three granddaughters are all under 2 years old and my kids let me take them out in the lake only,

on nice days only, thats it....

my kids grow up around boats and boat yards and marinas....

winthrop
barfwinkle

While I am at it

Post by barfwinkle »

Here are some links to some projects I have completed over the last 18 months or so If you are interested.

Fair Winds

http://www.rhapsodysails.com/projects%2 ... grades.htm
Bill Member #250.
Amgine

The galley projects

Post by Amgine »

The opening aboard my CD25D above the engine is sized to fit a standard plastic dishpan. I bring it up to the cockpit to wash and rinse in salt, then bring 'em below for a freshwater rinse (well, sometimes.) I was thinking it'd be cool to have a small cooler/insulated box there - to keep beverages cool, or to grab for a quick picnic ashore - when I saw your pics, but then remembered how warm the engine room can get if motoring.

The opening outboard of the hob is sized to fit a standard kitchen garbage can. Which in turn is just slightly too large for the current size of single-use grocery bags - have grocery bags shrunk over the years?

Anyway, the point is there are cheap rubbermaid brand replacements available if you ever want to go back to the way they were used originally.