One More Time Re: CD 27 Anchor roller?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

I looked at a 1983 Cape Dory 25D (Hull No. 91) a while back. It had a similar bow roller.

Below is a website of pictures of this CD 25D. One of the photos (I think the one below) clearly shows the bow roller sort of on the starboard side of the bowsprit.

http://picasaweb.google.com/carsail1260 ... 4286196322

As I have mentioned in other posts, this particular CD 25D was one of the most Bristol CDs I had looked at. She is now just two moorings from S/V Tadpole and a constant reminder of how dumb I was not to quickly make an offer. :(

P.S. Went "racing around the cans" today. 7-8 kts. Excellent conditions. Pure blue sky-not a single cloud. 68-70 degrees. We took 1st place despite me being on board as "rail meat". :wink:
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

25D has an integral anchor roller

Post by Joe Myerson »

Duncan,

Yes, you're right. My 25D has an anchor roller that seems to be part of the original casting. It's just starboard of the headstay.

I assume that all the 25Ds have the same setup.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Saga's is intergal

Post by trapper »

Hi Duncan,

Saga Blue, my 25D has anchor roller incorporated into the original casting too. I had a 22 that did not have one but I have seen CD22's with anchor roller like Saga's. So I guess it was an option for CD22s. I was trying to find one for my CD22 but traded her before I found one.

I think Norm, "nvandal" on this board. has one for sale from a 25D. I bought the prop. and he has a mast listed on the for sale board and I think he still has the bow casting with the anchor roller.
Duncan Maio

Guthrie Roller

Post by Duncan Maio »

[img]http://mysite.verizon.net/dmaio/sitebui ... G_0100.JPG[/img]

The Webmaster's gonna spank me for posting such a large image, but it's the only one I have, and I'm not so good at this 20th century technology.

The photo on the paper in the background is from Cliff Guthrie's boat, with the original installed. He sent his to me, and I made some duplicates.

I have two more of these, in a box under my desk, available for $150 each plus postage (my cost). The fitting requires a 1/2" hole drilled through the stemhead fitting (with a very long bit).

Email or PM if anyone is interested.
Duncan Maio
s/v Remedy
CD27 #37
Bristol, RI