Beans

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

RIKanaka
Location: 1988 CD26 #73 "Moku Ahi" (Fireboat), Dutch Harbor, RI

Re: Spam Sushi Anyone?

Post by RIKanaka »

mahalocd36 wrote:Ok I like Spam & eggs, Melissa not so much. It seems soon to be President Obama is a Spam fan also! I haven't made Spam sushi yet but Melissa be warned...

P.S. Nemo likes it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/2 ... 52854.html

barfwinkle wrote:
Over the Christmas Holiday I had an opportunity to have myself a tasty SPAM sandwich. ...
Rich
That would be more properly called "Spam musubi" as the rice is salted, not sprinkled with vinegar as sushi rice is. It is commonly sold at most 7-Eleven stores in Hawaii as a quick snack. Hawaii probably has the highest per capita Spam consumption in the US.
Aloha,

Bob Chinn
lubeckmaine

Not Bothered

Post by lubeckmaine »

Heading into Biscayne Bay, Tuesday I think it was, we saw a fine crowd of gentlemen in a CD 25. They didn't seem to be at all bothered, in fact, they said we were looking pretty good. And, remarkably, within a few minutes, a 30- I'm guessing- sailed by. No problems there, either. Just great big smiles.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Hello Lubec:

Will you be spending any time in the Biscayne Bay area :?: If so, the Coconut Grove Sailing Club is a great place to pick up a mooring for a few days or weeks before heading out to the Keys, the Bahamas or latitudes south. They have 24/7/365 launch service, showers, restaurant (beer very good :!: , food, eh not so much), etc.

If staying in the Miami area and you need assistance with anything - transport, restaurant recommendations, diesel mechanic, etc., please let me know.

Also, if you would like a daysail on S/V Tadpole, "the prettiest girl in the fleet", this can easily be arranged.

My email address is:

bond0036[NO SPAM]@bellsouth[NO SPAM].net. Remember to remove "[NO SPAM]" in both places :!: :!: :!:
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097