Mast Step -- CD25

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Lee Kaufman

Mast Step -- CD25

Post by Lee Kaufman »

Can anyone tell me where I could purchase a mast step for a CD 25?
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the
hell happened?"
barfwinkle

Follow the Link

Post by barfwinkle »

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Spartan_Sp ... _mast.html

ONe the page loads scroll down to toward the bottom. They have the hinged version and the sdtandard version.

Fair winds
Bill Member #250.
Sea Owl
CD25 Hull#438
Monmouth Beach, NJ

Mast Step

Post by Sea Owl »

Lee;

Be careful what you order. If your 25 has in mast wiring, as mine does, the stuff at Spartan does not all come 'drilled' for in mast wiring. That said, when I bought an organizer plate for under my mast, I had no trouble with my home drill poking a hole in it to accomodate my wiring.

Just thought you should know. If you have a friend with a machine shop, I would think they could take care of that issue easily anyway.

I purchased a mast step from Spartan and it worked fine (did not have hole when I got it though!).

Enjoy!
Sea Owl
CDSOA Member #1144
Lee Kaufman

wiring

Post by Lee Kaufman »

Thanks, Sea Owl

I do have in mast wiring which is why I took the mast down in the first place. I'll keep that in mind.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the
hell happened?"
D Rush

Post by D Rush »

If you're adding the Hinged Mast Step you may want to think about also adding the Halyard Organizer Plate: K-1374HP
I have seen similar organizers on other sailboats and they seem to simplify rigging options.
You'd have to drill for mast wiring.
I seem to recall that Dave Bryant installed one of these organizer plates during his restoration of CD25 Prairie
(Great photos of the restoration at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9447350@N04/sets/)
Denis
Sea Owl
CD25 Hull#438
Monmouth Beach, NJ

Hinged Tabernacle

Post by Sea Owl »

Lee;

I have a hinged tabernacle, and bought the very organizer plate that D Rush recommends. It is a near must if you are going to run lines back to the cockpit are. That is the plate I had to drill, which I did with my home drill, to get wiring through. Put about a 1/2" hole, worked fine. Plate has to go underneath the tabernacle (the hinged piece), and the mounting bolts/holes all line up nicely with no modifications.
Sea Owl
CDSOA Member #1144