Warning Buzzer Problem

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bruce Ebling

Warning Buzzer Problem

Post by Bruce Ebling »

I have been experiencing a warning buzzer that will not shut off after my 1gm Yanmar starts. I initially thought the problem might be a sticking oil pressure switch. After replacing the switch I still had the same problem. I later was checking electrical connections and found by unplugging then re-connecting the main wiring harness by the engine I could fix the problem. The connectors seem to "snap" together fine and I can see no apparent defects in the wires or the connectors. I will try to clean the male part of the plug today and see if that helps. I am looking for a solution that does not involve replacing the entire harness and would love any suggestions that the board may have.
Thanks
Bruce Eblng
1982 25D "Selah"
seadawg
Corpus Christi, Tx.

Warning Buzzer

Post by seadawg »

Hi Bruce, there are 3 lights on the engine panel: oil pressure, coolant temp and battery. Find out which is lit to proceed with troubleshooting. In my case recently it turned out to be the coolant temp sensor that was causing a nuisance horn and was repaired by replacing the sensor. Cheers, Charlie.