Introduction

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

WELCOME!

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Guess I beat everyone in welcoming you aboard.

Questions for you. Was the PO ever registered on teh Board. If so, then, then it is possible that the Board knows all about your "new" boat.
Got any projects or adventures planned her? A name?
Judith

Pleased to meet you!

Post by Judith »

A hearty welcome to sailing/the board/Cape Dory ownership.

Thanks for the upfront intro. Being relatively new myself, I hadn't seen that before--and have only recognized over time all the multi-faceted pinball personalities involved here. You're giving us a head start :D

Cheers,
Judith
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Always glad to welcome aboard someone new!!! :D
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
seajunkie

Post by seajunkie »

Welcome!!

So out of curiosity I had to check the registry to see who had that boat registered last. I'm new here so I didn't know Neil and Donna the last registered previous owners. Their web page did freak me out a little though.... http://www.odd.org/

You can update the registry here:
http://www.toolworks.com/capedory/registry.htm

When they registered it they stated that it was being overhauled from end to end, so that can't be a bad thing.
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Welcome!

Post by Joe Myerson »

Hi John,

I'm a bit slow on the draw--but let me welcome you to the board, and to Cape Dory ownership. Don't be shy about asking questions, as there are plenty of knowledgeable folks herre (present company excluded, of course).

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Dick Barthel

Welcome!

Post by Dick Barthel »

A nice intro John. We will look forward to hearing about all of your new adventures. Ditto Joe's response - don't ever hesitate to ask questions...that's what makes this board go.

Dick
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Dont be overwhelmed, take your time.

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Prioritize your list and questions, do a search of the Board, and if you still have questions, ask away. Be warned, however, if you have 863 questions, the number of answers you get, will range from 863, to 863 raised to the power of a very large number.
For the age of you boat, look at the ages of some of those in the Registry, or even those that have responded to your thread. 28 years isnt that old.
With your comment on learning to sail, what is your sailing/boating resumes like? Take time to practice (and enjoy) sailing too.
Bob Owens
City Island, New York

Welcome

Post by Bob Owens »

I add my welcome, John. You will enjoy the wit, knowledge, and generosity of the members of CDSOA.
Bob