Proud new owner of CD25 #496

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Chris L
Harbor Beach, MI

Proud new owner of CD25 #496

Post by Chris L »

Just wanted to say what a great resource this board is. I have been reading and monitoring this board for the last 6 months or so and it has lead me to my new (1977) boat. I certainly plan to join the owners association now that I am an owner.

By the way, I probably would have registered and posted prior to buying but I think Sea Hunt had already asked all the questions I could have thought of!

Chris LaFramboise
Peter Kozup
Hull #42 Sandusky Ohio

Welcome!!

Post by Peter Kozup »

Chris,
Welcome to the proud group of CD owners. I hope you will get the enjoyment out of your boat that I have got out of mine. Good luck and Fair winds.
tartansailor

Welcome

Post by tartansailor »

Chris,
With no uncertainty, I am sure that you have made a great selection
in a CD 25, because of its sailing characteristics ie "A Sailor's Sailboat"
and the versatility (and cost savings) of trailering & winter storage.
It never ceases to amaze me how much heavy weather that boat can take, certainly well beyond my wildest risk tolerance.
One does get a lot of spray in the old bazoo when things get rough though, so be prepared for that.
Best of luck, and great sailing.
Dick
D Rush

Post by D Rush »

Welcome, fellow CD 25 owner;
You'll enjoy this CD discussion board as much as you'll enjoy sailing your CD25.
Sea Hunt has started a lot of discussions that answered many of the new CD owners FAQs.

Your boats name is very musical.
Last edited by D Rush on Apr 28th, '08, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
Sea Owl
CD25 Hull#438
Monmouth Beach, NJ

Welcome!

Post by Sea Owl »

Chris;

Great choice! Totally unbiased opinion of course.....

:wink:

The 25 is a joy to sail, even if you are by yourself! Welcome, and have a great season!
Sea Owl
CDSOA Member #1144
Chris L
Harbor Beach, MI

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Post by Chris L »

As far as the name Sostenuto, that is the name she was given 2 owners ago. She has carried her previous owner safely around Lake Huron and Lake Erie, which I have found some record of on this board. I have considered renaming her with the appropriate ceremony but I like the current name. My other (soon to be for sale) boat is named Prelude, so the musical name fits right in!

I also want to thank Bruce Bett, the previous owner, for taking such good care of Sostenuto. Like any 31 year old boat she has had some issues, many of which have been documented by Bruce on this site. Now I just can't wait to get her in the water!

Chris