Bottom Stripping

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

valenteach

Bottom Stripping

Post by valenteach »

Has anyone had any direct experience using the new "Farrow" system bottom blasting? I saw plenty of info at the boat show and on stripitclean dot com but wondered if anyone on the board here actually used them and what the unbiased results were. Can't find a comparison by Practical Sailer with soda blasting, but it may be in the works.
John R.
Florida

Post by John R. »

Haven't seen it used locally. Price would be a big factor over standard blasting to be sure but you would save the gelcoat if that's important to you. Consider going with soy stripper instead if you don't mind doing it yourself. You will save a lot.
valenteach

Farrow System

Post by valenteach »

Thanks John. They quoted $50 per foot, and I'd prefer to do Soy or Aqua strip myself but I'd have to wait quite a while up North here before it'd be warm enough to even start that project. So having it prepped early via Soda or Farrow would let me get back in the water quicker. I'm still searching for a comparison.
Richard G. Abbinanti
Name of Boat -Blue Caribbean- hull # 208
Long Island NY

bottom paint

Post by Richard G. Abbinanti »

So what did you decide to do, as I am also looking to remove the bottom paint from my CD 30?
Richard
Richard G. Abbinanti