Parts sources?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Captain Greg

Parts sources?

Post by Captain Greg »

I am restoring a 1984 Cape Dory 28 that was damaged in Hurricane Katrina and lost much of her hardware including Bowsprit, anchor rollers, bow and stern pulpits and most of her toe rails and rub strake. I would appreciate any suggestions for good sources for replacement parts, particularly used, that any one knows of. I have been checking many of the usual sources such as Sailorman, and on-line classifieds without any luck. I know Spartan carries most Cape Dory parts but the cost, for things like the anchor rollers, is prohibitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mgphl52

McMaster-Carr

Post by mgphl52 »

McMaster-Carr is an excellent source for "raw" materials! When I had KAYLA's bow pulpit rebuilt, I ordered all of the stainless from them. One item they sent was the wrong part. I emailed them and they immediately shipped to correct item. When I shipped the wrong part back, they very quickly issued a credit to account for the part and the full shipping I paid!
Their website can be intimidating as they have over 465,000 items, but with a little patience and due diligence, you can find damn near anything!
The link is http://www.mcmaster.com/

Enjoy!
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!