Older Hood 810 Seafurl LD_ Available To Good Home

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Evergreen
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 36 - Hull # 139 - "Evergreen" - kept at Great Island Boat Yard - Maine

Older Hood 810 Seafurl LD_ Available To Good Home

Post by Evergreen »

Hello:

Last year we purchased a 1986 CD36 that had a fully functional Hood 810 Seafurl LD_ headsail roller furler. I have no idea how old it is but the aluminum shows signs of age. It worked very well the few times that we used it before removing it.

Instead of having it sit unused in our garage we have decided to make it available free to a good home of a Cape Dory owner. It was fully functional when professionally removed so it could be installed and used or it could be used for replacement parts for an existing system.

We live on the central east coast of Florida. We are not willing to pay shipping since we are giving it away. We will be travelling to New Jersey between Nov 29th & Dec 12th. We could bring it along.

Feel free to contact us with questions or to express your interest.

Philip & Sharon
Philip & Sharon
https://share.delorme.com/ADVNTURUNLIMITD (Where is Evergreen?)
http://northernexposurein2013.blogspot.com/ (Link to older blogs)
chase

that's very generous

Post by chase »

I would be very interested in your offer! Unless someone speaks up and says it is an inappropriate unit for a CD30, I'd love to arrange shipping at your convenience.

I have wanted roller furling for sometime but can't afford it.

Thank-

Chase
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

Consider me next in line :-)

Post by Warren S »

We busted the casting on ours - it still works, sort of. We are definitely interested in case you (Chase) decide not to take it.
"Being hove to in a long gale is the most boring way of being terrified I know." -Donald Hamilton
seadog6532
Location: last boat 31' C&C Corvette, 0wner of CD30k #112 Arianna.

Post by seadog6532 »

I had a Hood 810 LD on my C&C Corvette, A 31 foot sloop and loved it. Some people say with the line drive it may slip when you reef the jib but I used it reefed a lot of times in some pretty strong winds and as long as you cleat it off on both sides of the furler it holds just fine. Mine came off a Bristol 35 yawl when a friend of mine upgraded. It should work fine on a CD30.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Mark
Mark and Anna of Arianna CD30K #112