Anyone have local info on Brodie's purchase of Pacific...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

marilou

Anyone have local info on Brodie's purchase of Pacific...

Post by marilou »

Pacific Seacraft...@85,000, it seems to be a good deal...10+ Tractor trailers of molds, boats in process...maybe with the help of N.C., they could make a New Cape Dory.
Warren S

Cape Dory 270 Hull #5

Washington, NC

Key personnel from CA

Post by Warren S »

I spoke to a broker at Carolina Yacht Sales (would have to look at notes for name). He advised that Mr. Brodie was having the former Production Manager over from CA for a visit. My impression was they are trying to recruit key people from the CA operations.

I sent my resume over - what the heck!
"Being hove to in a long gale is the most boring way of being terrified I know." -Donald Hamilton
Russell

Post by Russell »

My impression from the PSC mailing list and a broker at Crusader Yachts is that they are bringing about 14 people from the old factory to help get the new operation up and running. There is still a ways to go though and its not finalized which models they will be keeping in the production line. If they go the (more profitable) route of most builders, I expect to unfortunately see the smaller boats dropped (the Dana molds were sold even before PSC went capt 11).
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
Judith

New facilities

Post by Judith »

When we were in Washington a week or so ago, we ran into our old "neighbor," a young man who sailed his Cheoy Lee from Michigan and wound up in the slip next to us at McCotter's. He said Pacific Seacraft is all set up with a building in Washington, a few blocks from the waterfront, and gave us directions so we could do a drive-by inspection.

We'd done our usual "Stay until the last possible moment" routine, so didn't have time to check it out as we rushed home. But the location he indicated is smack in the middle of Washington. That would be wonderful for both PS and for the town.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.