New member and CD25 owner

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

D Rush

Post by D Rush »

Boat Stand chains are already on and located as you suggested.
viv
LIBERTY

Welcome

Post by viv »

Welcome,
From one Cape Dory 25 (#50- 1973) owner to another, I welcome you. I have owned my CD25 for one full season now. I sail in the same waters as you will (Hingham, Hull and beyond) and the boat has lived up to its reputation. See you on the water :) .
John
Illegitimus non carborundum
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Winter wanderings

Post by Neil Gordon »

Just to give your mind something to think about over the winter...

There are enough 25s in/around Boston to have (at least) three enter next year's Boston Harbor Island Regatta. Excluding the likes of J Boats and Sonars, the 28s have been the only boats to assemble a "Class."
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Carl Thunberg

The Phantom Two Feet

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Can my CD30 enter the CD28 class, since we now know they were both made from the same mold? :wink:
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
D Rush

Missing the view

Post by D Rush »

I was in Chicago visiting family the weekend of this year's Boston Harbor Island Regatta. Although I didn't own my CD 25 yet, I had hoped to get to the regatta on my cousin's Pearson 26 . The worse case would have been I could have walked to the end of the street from our beach house, sit on the seawall at Pemberton Point, drink a cold one and watch the sailboats of the regatta sail from George's Island out to the Brewsters.
I'll plan to sail in the 4th Annual Boston Harbor Island Regatta in 2008.
Roy J.
Location: The fleet: Auburn CD-25, CD-28 #255 as yet unnamed Marblehead MA

BHIR 2008? I'm in!

Post by Roy J. »

After my experience this year with Stan, I will do everything possible to enter Auburn in the BHIR next year. I can guarantee that my sailing performance willin no way approach Stan's, but if I have half the fun, it wil be worth it. If we have enough 25's for a class, that wouldbe great. Neil, 3 equals a class no?

Anyway, let's try to do it. :!:
Roy Jacobowitz
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: BHIR 2008? I'm in!

Post by Neil Gordon »

Roy J. wrote:If we have enough 25's for a class, that wouldbe great. Neil, 3 equals a class no?
The rules state that you need five but I made a deal with a Harbor Island Alliance trustee that they'd dig out a trophy if I could get three Cape Dory 28s. She came through last year and again this year. I'm pretty sure I can work the same magic for the 25s.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Dick Barthel

Started something

Post by Dick Barthel »

Neil,

It's really starting to look like this race may become a major Cape Dory event. I have a lot of great memories from my two years sailing with you.

Dick