Any cd28 owners near bayfield Wis?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

S/V Necessity
Columbia, MO

Any cd28 owners near bayfield Wis?

Post by S/V Necessity »

We are headed up to Washburn Wis soon (this weekend) for a weeks vacation. And were wondering if there were any other cd28's in the area? We know there are several if not quite a few larger Cape dory's in the area. But we have never seen a 28.
Joe Ruelle
Tern About
Lake Superior

Maybe...?

Post by Joe Ruelle »

Mark there may have been one for sale in Bayfield this last spring that "maybe" still in the area. I think Northland Yachts was the broker and they would know where she is located.

I had my CD-25 hauled out yesterday at the marina in Ashland. There is also a CD-22 at the marina in Ashland. You will find the largest fleet of assorted Cape Dorys at Schooner Bay Marina just north of Bayfield off the beaten path -- you will drive through the Red Cliff reservation to it. Saw otters playing on the pilings the last time I was at Schooner Bay Marina.

Sounds like your weather up there this weekend will be summer-like -- enjoy! Food hints: Good Tyme in Washburn; Ashland Bakery on Chapple Street in Ashland; Black Cat Coffee in Ashland; 2nd Street Bistro in Ashland. Have fun! Joe
S/V Necessity
Columbia, MO

Ashland

Post by S/V Necessity »

Joe,
We will actually be sailing out of Ashland. We are friends with a triton 28 owner there. And we were hoping the 2nd street bistro was still there, we really liked the place last time we were up.
I'll be keeping my eyes open for cape dorys if we go to schooner bay, but to be honest that bristol channel cutter pretty much owns me, I can't remember a single other boat there...
Thanks for the info.
GB
La Pointe, Madeline Island, Lake Superior

cape 28

Post by GB »

I was looking for a cape dory 28 this last winter/spring. Ending up buying a Pearson Coaster that was brokered by Northland Yachts. I had to do a pretty big fiber glass repair repair on the keel this summer. I finnaly got the boat in the water two weeks, stepped and tuned the mast, tuned the engine, etc. I'm actullay going up tonight to sail her for the first time this week. The Coaster still met my requirements for a full keel, solid glass hull (it is a Bill Shaw design instead of an Alberg).
gbe
GB
La Pointe, Madeline Island, Lake Superior

La Pointe

Post by GB »

By the way I'm sailing out of La Pointe right now.
gbe