CD at Block Island

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jerryaxler

Block Island

Post by jerryaxler »

What a surprise to check this web site from Wickford Cove and find us as a great picture. We are Shana on our annual cruise out of the Chesapeake to points east. WE were in Oyster cove for the 4th, but missed the CD rendezvous because of the late hour and rain storm. We have gone as far as Plymouth this year and we are on our homeward bound leg. If we go inside, I'll be stopping in Oyster Bay again.
Fairwinds and following seas,
Jerry Axler
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

If you plan on stopping in Oyster Bay, try and let me know when and perhaps I can meet you.

Leave a message on my cell if I don't answer or e-mail me.
cell# 631-431-4000
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Brian A.

Post by Brian A. »

Hello again Henry: I have never been asked about problems with the depth of the Peconics before. To be sure, this is an issue in the western reaches of the estuary, but most of the system has plenty of H2O to keep a little CD25 afloat. In fact, most of the boats out here have drafts of between 4 and 6 feet. Good luck on your passage wherever it takes you. BA