Lifting OB Motor off dingy

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Bringing the dinghy aboard

Post by Neil Gordon »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:[We just rig a harness to the dinghy, bring it amidships (next to the shrouds) and hoist it up using a halyard.
My inflatable is about the same size. I just attach a halyard to the painter, lift the bow and keep going until the dinghy is over the lifelines. I lay it across the foredeck for deflating. More often than not, it's lifted to pour off accumulated rain water... faster to lift and dump than to pump it out.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Bringing the dinghy aboard

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Neil Gordon wrote:
Cathy Monaghan wrote:[We just rig a harness to the dinghy, bring it amidships (next to the shrouds) and hoist it up using a halyard.
My inflatable is about the same size. I just attach a halyard to the painter, lift the bow and keep going until the dinghy is over the lifelines. I lay it across the foredeck for deflating. More often than not, it's lifted to pour off accumulated rain water... faster to lift and dump than to pump it out.
Hi Neil,

We've done that too (no harness, just the halyard) -- depends on how lazy we are. For a harness we use the dinghy painter plus two short dock lines.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
chase

great ideas guys- thanks

Post by chase »

Guess I've been doing it the hard way.

Chase